Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,404

2 members and 3,402 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Thread: Ava the BRB

Thanks

Ava the BRB

Some better pics of Ava...

Animals are my passion and my life.

Never, ever underestimate the vital importance of strict and proper quarantine. There is no such thing as being too careful. One mistake can cost a world of damage, and regret that lasts a lifetime.

Thanks

Re: Ava the BRB

She is awesome!! Keep an eye on the temps (dont let them get too high, it could be fatal) and don't push prey size with them or meal frequency past what is considered normal. Good luck!!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

What a sweet little beauty!!
    -- Judy

Thanks

I originally had her in the same room as the ball pythons, which has an ambient temp of 82-84 degrees every day. After talking to someone on another forum that keeps them, I moved her tub out into our livingroom, which is kept at 78-79 degrees at all times. They said they keep theirs at that temp 24-7 and they're doing great.

Does that sound about right to you?

Humidity is pretty easy, especially since she's in a closed tub. I have her on coconut husk substrate that I mist every few days, plus she has a big water bowl to soak in and drink out of if she likes. 2 pink hides (go figure... ), one on either end...and I also put dowels through the tub at different points so she can climb if she feels like it. She took a prekilled medium adult mouse for me 2 days ago, so I'd say she's doing OK! Technically she could eat a large mouse, based on her mid-body size, but I don't want to risk it because of the kinks she has in her spine. I watched her eat this mouse and she seemed very comfortable with it, so I'll stick to those until she's bigger.

I'm so thrilled with her, she's so calm and gentle. She's not headshy, not nervous whatsoever, and seems to not mind us at all when we have her out. She seems pretty content just laying on our hands/arms.

Never, ever underestimate the vital importance of strict and proper quarantine. There is no such thing as being too careful. One mistake can cost a world of damage, and regret that lasts a lifetime.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JenHarrison
    I originally had her in the same room as the ball pythons, which has an ambient temp of 82-84 degrees every day. After talking to someone on another forum that keeps them, I moved her tub out into our livingroom, which is kept at 78-79 degrees at all times. They said they keep theirs at that temp 24-7 and they're doing great.

Does that sound about right to you?

Humidity is pretty easy, especially since she's in a closed tub. I have her on coconut husk substrate that I mist every few days, plus she has a big water bowl to soak in and drink out of if she likes. 2 pink hides (go figure... ), one on either end...and I also put dowels through the tub at different points so she can climb if she feels like it. She took a prekilled medium adult mouse for me 2 days ago, so I'd say she's doing OK! Technically she could eat something bigger, based on her mid-body size, but I don't want to risk it because of the kinks she has in her spine. I watched her eat this mouse and she seemed very comfortable with it, so I'll stick to those until she's bigger.

I'm so thrilled with her, she's so calm and gentle. She's not headshy, not nervous whatsoever, and seems to not mind us at all when we have her out. She seems pretty content just laying on our hands/arms.
    Seems pretty good except for the temps. That is fine for an ambient temp but you still want to have a hot spot in the mid to mid-upper 80s (not over 90 though).

Thanks

Gotcha. I'll add one tonight.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JenHarrison
    Gotcha. I'll add one tonight.
    I think your snake will be much happier!