Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,852

2 members and 2,850 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks

My mini dragon...

Emily is a pogona vitticeps (sp?), she is at 15 months old, and as you will see from her pics, she is literally a mini dragon... my hubbys dragon is about 2/3 bigger than Emily even....

Emily came from a breeder who was not careful about inbreeding..or did not care.. she was actually my 2nd dragon.. before her was Bindi, who had to go back to the breeder cause she never ate right muchless grew, so she went right back for replacement after about 3 and a half weeks of not eating well enough and developing lethargy contrary to the breeder telling me she only needed to adjust..at the time I picked up Bindi, I paid in advanced for a male out of her next clutch, same parents.. without knowing there was going to be issues.. upon time to pick the pre-paid male up and Bindi's replacement ( Bindi's issues were thought to be a fluke and I was assured it was not gentic issues since I had purchased these animals for breeding), the breeder asked if I would take Bindi in free of charge ofcourse..basically, she did not want to care for Bindi with her special needs. I came home with 3 babies... 15 months later, Emily is the only one left alive and seemingly thriving..just a tiny little booger... sadly, I spent ALOT of cash for the 2 dragons I paid for, and the one I ended up taking on free in animal costs through the breeder and multiple vet bills.. and the one thats left alive, I WILL NEVER EVER attempt to breed her in fear of passing on bad genetics... Emily is definately a special needs dragon who requires hand feeding constantly to be sure she will eat enough, and even then, it never seems enough to put weight on her no matter what I do... sadly, as much as I love Emily and would not trade her the world no matter the extra care and challenges that are put in front of me with her care.. this experience actually made me rethink owning anymore dragons..

*Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks

Re: My mini dragon...

I know this is an old post but I was kinda touched by your story, how is Emily doing? I hope you continue to keep dragons as it seems like you provide excellent home and care for them...

Take care!