Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,300

0 members and 2,300 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: borneo short tails ?'s

do you adults really only eat med rats twice a month?wow from what ive read people feed theirs l extra large rats like once a week
    0.3 ball python
    1.0 BCI Rocky
    1.1 bearded dragons tiny and pedro

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by python15
    ok thank you very much for the NICE response lol ,....i'm not low on money so i will deff be able to afford the cage and the food,, and yes i do plan on geting my blood IF i get it from a breeder where i get all my herps
    thanks again for the info
    Let me tell you this....a good Borneo short-tail could absolutely ROCK your world in terms of amazing snake-keeping experience. They are alert, friendly, active snakes that will interact with you if you are willing to meet them on their terms. My friendliest Borneos will not hesitate to take my face off in a feeding response...not their fault, that's just instinct reacting. But once outside the cage, they turn into the biggest, sweetest snuggle-bug snakes you could imagine.

The key with bloods & STP's is to understand what they are & what they aren't, and how to cater to them on those terms. If you do, you'll be rewarded with one of the best experiences you'll ever have when it comes to snake keeping.

They are hands-down some of the coolest animals you'll ever meet!

K~
    Kara L. Norris
    The Blood Cell - BloodPythons.com
    Selectively-bred bloods & short-tailed pythons
    Quality is our only filter.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KLG
    Shhhhhh!!!! I thought we agreed not to talk about that in public!!!

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Banned
    Thanks

Dude, ALL I said was that, im not very much into Bloods, as i am Regius.

Ive done SO much studying, caring, working with Regius it's not even funny. And maybe me saying I knew it top to bottom was a bit of an overstatement. But still, for a 15 y/o kid, I know my stuff to probably alot of other ppl my age.

Thanks

i no their are my fav when it comes to looks,just a qiuck ? which are gerally easyier to get and cheaper[not crappy or anything] between the bloods and borneos?
    0.3 ball python
    1.0 BCI Rocky

Thanks

do you adults really only eat med rats twice a month?wow from what ive read people feed theirs l extra large rats like once a week
    And that's why the majority of bloods & short-tails in captivity are OBESE!!! These snakes have very slow metabolisms. It kills me to see people packing them full of giant rats & then wondering why their snakes die young, or throw bad clutches of eggs, or both!

Too much fat is as bad for snakes as it is for people. While bloods LOOOOOVE to eat, their bodies are extremely fuel-efficient, so they put their food to good use. In turn, it doesn't take as much to maintain healthy weight on a blood or short-tail as it does on say, a boa or carpet python.

In fact, most snakes in captivity are probably overweight...we've just all gotten used to seeing overweight snakes as "normal" and don't realize the damage we may be doing by consistently feeding big meals.

Feeding a blood big meals week after week is the same as trying to run a Honda Accord on Formula One racing fuel!!!

K~
    Kara L. Norris

Thanks

i was just thinking with a snake that girth it would be eating BIG rats or bunnies but i can easily undertsand them bein obese i'v read they have very slow metabolisms
    0.3 ball python
    1.0 BCI Rocky

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KLG
    In fact, most snakes in captivity are probably overweight...we've just all gotten used to seeing overweight snakes as "normal" and don't realize the damage we may be doing by consistently feeding big meals.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

i no their are my fav when it comes to looks,just a qiuck ? which are gerally easyier to get and cheaper[not crappy or anything] between the bloods and borneos?
    It just depends on what you're looking for. I'd say it's actually easier to find a very nice Borneo than it is a super-smokin' blood, because bloods don't really hit their peak colors until they're at least a year or two old. With Borneos, if you have a good idea of what the parents look like, it's easier to pick out nice offspring.

Just be aware that there are a lot of folks who try to pass off farmed babies as USCB stock...keep that in mind while your shopping. Also keep in mind that almost all baby bloods & short-tails tend to be pissy as youngsters, even if they come from super tame parents. A few weeks of calm, gentle, steady handling will quickly take the edge off of nice babies. On the other hand, true hellions may take months or even years to calm down, if they do at all.

K~
    Kara L. Norris

Thanks

yeah the blood i owned was very pissy but only for alittle while holding him for alittle while a day did wonders to him, the only reason i dont have him anymore was becuase he refused meals since the day i bought him, the pet store didnt do anything they basically told me to get lost they didnt care if he died or not so the only thing i could was sell him after that i havent bought anought herp from a pet store i stick to breeders now
    0.3 ball python
    1.0 BCI Rocky

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast