Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,845

2 members and 2,843 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks

Reputation System FAQ

What is the reputation system?

The reputation system is to be used to recognize the helpful input and contributions of your fellow BPnet bretheren. It involves leaving positive or negative feedback in the form of points for specific posts. For the most part this system has worked well to date - but it is still a "work in progress" and as such is subject to adjustment as necessary and as its use becomes more widespread.

How do I use the reputation system?

When you come across a post you find especially helpful/harmful you can leave reputation feedback for the poster by clicking on the small set of scales below their name (to the left of the post in question). This brings up a dialogue box which allows you to select "I approve" or "I disapprove" and a small text field to enter a comment. You must enter a comment in the field provided. Regardless of whether you sign your name or not, the person receiving it will be able to see who sent it.

The reputation system is not to be used for baseless or personal reasons. It should not be used "just because" or "tit-for-tat". This includes but is not limited to "fluffing" or "twinking" someone by awarding them points because they are your online buddy, because you both disagree with the same poster or anything equally shallow. On the flip side negative points should not be left merely because you disagree with someone, have any sort of personal rivalries or for any other vindictive reasons. Misuse of this system may result in being "neutered" either temporarily or permanently depending on the severity of the situation. If this occcurs you may be placed in a different usergroup that lacks the ability to use the reputation system at all regardless of your current status (New User, Registered User, BPnet Veteran, etc). Widespread misuse of the reputation system may result in discontinuing its use altogether.

What happens when I get positive or negative rep points?

As certain levels of points are reached, more little green boxes are earned. (Or red if you're going the wrong way). Also, the text that appears when you mouse-over someone's reputation boxes will change.

POINTS..........MOUSE-OVER TEXT

-26 - * .............Is not long for this site
    -11--25 ............Needs to learn some social skills
    0--10 ...............Is rocking the boat

1-5 ..................Might want to think before posting
    6-15 ................Is off to a great start
    16-25 ...............Is learning and growing
    26-50 ...............Is a face we're always glad to see
    51-75 ...............Is a community asset
    76-100 ..............Is doing things the right way
    101-125 ............Is making friends and influencing people
    126-150 ............Is a hellacious helpful herper
    151-175 ............Is building a stronger community
    176-200 ............Is a friend indeed
    201-225 ............Is always seeking ways to help
    226-250 ............Always has a helping hand
    251-300 ............Is always there when you need them
    301-350 ............Can't wait to help
    351-400 ............Is someone we look up to
    401-450 ............Is true blue
    451-500 ............Is a hero to millions
    501 + ................Sets an example for us all

Where do I find out what my reputation level is?

Everyone starts with 10 reputation points. You can view your reputation points and comments in the UserCP (look in the menu bar near the top of the site for this).

Red square - negative reputation
    Green square - positive reputation
    Grey square - no points +/- (user was unable to use the rep system - usually because they are still a grand new member)

All reputation "hits" should have a thread title next to them. Clicking this will take you to the specific post the reputation comment is referring to.

Can people see who left the reputation points?

No. In order to avoid unnecessary "paybacks" this information is not available.
    This has since been changed. See the new policy here: http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54464 -- JLC

Most people have one green box, but some have two or three. Why?

Everyone starts out with one green box. Every 100 points of rep earns another green box. And if the box is red instead of green, then the person has gone into negative reps.

If you have questions or concerns not adressed here or that you do not wish to make public please feel free to contact an administrator.
    Last edited by JLC; 01-18-2008 at 12:08 PM. Reason: updating

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Smulkin For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-02-2019),Ogre (12-27-2016),Sirensong26 (12-15-2014)