Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,100

4 members and 3,096 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Writing Center

Fairfax, Virginia; Originally from San Antonio, Texas.
    Thanks

Writing Center

I'm sure that a lot of the members here are not only avid snake adorers, but are more-than-likely writers. I was wondering if we could possibly have a place on the forum to post our written works, whether prose or poetry. Just an idea, and not a demand by any means.

Anyhoo...mull it over.
    Melanie Ryan Seals

2.2 Royal Pythons; Hadrian(het. albino), Lucius(het. hypo), Ophelia(normal) and Regan(het. albino).
    1.0 Homo sapien boyfriendidus; Nick AKA Daddy.s

Thanks

Re: Writing Center

Do you mean a forum dedicated to poetry/prose and journaling - or something other than a forum? I support any and all creative endeavors - especially writing (yay literacy).

The only thing to be wary of is it would all have to fit into the fam-friendly environment which right there negates most contributions I could make personally to content.

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smulkin
    The only thing to be wary of is it would all have to fit into the fam-friendly environment which right there negates most contributions I could make personally to content.
    LOL. I guess I won't be posting my limericks about Nantucket.

-Lawrence

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melicious
    I'm sure that a lot of the members here are not only avid snake adorers, but are more-than-likely writers. I was wondering if we could possibly have a place on the forum to post our written works, whether prose or poetry. Just an idea, and not a demand by any means.

Anyhoo...mull it over.
    I agree, it would be nice to have a place to post my work and have it commented on, but (as Smulkin said) most of my work too, would be against some family orientated morales and I would most likely get banned really quickly.
    It's All About Boas
    www.jimisnakes.com
    JimiSnakes Facebook Page
    ~Jimi

Fairfax, Virginia; Originally from San Antonio, Texas.
    Thanks

I don't know how this board is set up, but when I was a member of a phpbb2 board, which this seems to use, the admins could create a board, and allow only a certain demographic within a private board. I was actually the DM(Dungeon Master) of a few of these boards. -Shrugs.- But it's not that important. I sort of...forgot how family unfriendly my writing is as well.
    Melanie Ryan Seals

2.2 Royal Pythons; Hadrian(het. albino), Lucius(het. hypo), Ophelia(normal) and Regan(het. albino).
    1.0 Homo sapien boyfriendidus; Nick AKA Daddy.s

Banned
    Thanks

I have enjoyed reading the writings you have posted Mel. Even if we do not get a dedicated spot I hope you keep posting

Thanks

I'd love to find a solution for this - making space for folks to post their creative side of all sorts would be cool. I know we have a user-submitted gallery for art in the galleries - but this would be able to encompass more creative efforts.

The censorship issue would bother me though as (believe it or not) I am on a personal level harshly opposed to censorship where the arts are concerned - and I would feel asking folks to "clean up" their creative efforts would be stifling in that very sense - whether it be painting/sculpture/writing etc. Even the thought of bleeped out CDs at Wal-Mart takes me bak to Zappa v Tipper Gore and boils me blood.

I would be willing to go so far as to snag another domain if need be - but would not be able to roll over the user database (which I know defeats a lot of the motivation behind the request ).

Please keep this rolling guys and let me know your thoughts.

Banned
    Thanks

Is there a way to create a forum like the existing format "off topic cafe" ect that when you click into it takes you to an agreement screen? Maybe that warns of adult material and you accept this warning before entering?

Thanks

I'm all in support of sharing creativity, but at the same time I don't want this site to lose its focus as 100% herp related. We've got one off-topic forum which I feel is adequate. I've seen other boards where there's a zillion subforums and other areas completely unrelated to the purpose of the whole community, and its just annoying to wade through. At MOST I could see a subforum within the off-topic area, but even that, that starts to get messy.

Keep 'em coming in the off-topic forum...but I don't think we need a dedicated forum for that type of stuff.
    -Brad

Thanks

If you could get such a screen to appear it would either come up when you navigated through any portion of that section (as in every page navigation) or could just be bypassed completely.

A "gloves off" subforum has been discussed several times (though never in a creative light) and shot down due to it defeating the overall family friendly ideology of the site as a whole.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast