Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,903

0 members and 2,903 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

the little snake that could

well caramel has proven to be quite the little fighter... i was so worried about her that i took her to the vet again... i had her at the vet 3 weeks ago and she had lost 10 grams since then... her official weight is around 45 (butterscotch is acutally to 105... she gained alot but no worries no where near obese!!)...i knew that caramel was going to need help when i put a fuzzy mouse in with her and even that looked too big for her the vet said that she wasnt even strong enough to eat on her own right now so he taught me how to force feed with a syringe and a tube once a day until she weighed 65grams.... i questioned the everyday thing but he said you dont need to worry about her stress levels right now because if she doesnt have the strength to eat she wont make it so we'll risk the stress levels for now in hopes that it pays off in a few weeks. Through this stuff i've gotten quite attached to the little sickling (even more so than butterscotch, the healthy one)...i guess i tend to root for the underdog

anyway... the stuff i'm force feed is 'canine/feline a d'... it's some high protein canned dog/cat food to help recovery after illness or surgery... NO red die (i checked)

so hopefully this little girl gains her weight fast and starts to realize those little white fuzzy things arent friends, they're food.

Thanks

Re: the little snake that could

I'm in the same situation, except I'm also having to administer daily shots of antibiotics. Mine weighs 48g, and my vet has me tube feeding him Ensure twice a week.
    I hope we both win this battle!

Thanks

Re: the little snake that could

Best of luck to you both. I hope the little ones pull through.
    1.1 Ball Pythons: Monty, Polly
    1.2 Stick Insects: Tiamat, Hecuba and a still unnamed male