Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,437

0 members and 1,437 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Quarantining multiple snakes.

OK you may or not know I am having 6 BP's delivered on Monday, from 3 sources. A het albino male from RDR, a het albino female from Jim Alles, and AJ at reptileguru.com, and four baby females from a very seemingly honest, and great at e-mail and communication deaf man. I have paid and been provided lots of pics from all except pics from RDR . I'm going to finish the rack they are going in tomorrow. And have had the heat tape wired, and made sure it worked properly for over a month now. Now here is the question. Would it be OK to quarantine all 6 snake together in the same rack? That is basically my only option. The good thing is the snakes will be in a different house a mile away from my existing collection.

1.6 BP 1.1 het albino BP 1.0 Creamsicle Corn 1.0 Viper Gecko 1.1 Crested Gecko 0.1 Leopard Gecko 0.0.3 D. leucs 0.0.2 D. tincs Cobalt 0.0.4 Baby Eastern Box Turtles

Thanks

Cool Re: Quarantining multiple snakes.

The catch 22 is that you will be protecting your collection from the newbies. But not the newbies from the newbies! This stems back to the other thread on incoming species.
    You are getting 6 new additions and one ?might? be carrying parasites. This is unknown to the naked eye if they are internal parasites. External parasites are hard to spot on the camouflage of a BP anyway.

I wish you luck in your journey

-Danny

Thanks

Re: Quarantining multiple snakes.

Tough situation. I would find a way to keep those 4 normals separate. Additionally, reptileguru has a bad BOI thread concerning mites. That would bother me as well.

Thanks

I read through that, that was a mistake on the BOI. Reptileguru.com is the Prehistoric Pets store in Chino, CA. not the gross over priced and full of mites one in Fountain Valley, CA.

1.6 BP 1.1 het albino BP 1.0 Creamsicle Corn 1.0 Viper Gecko 1.1 Crested Gecko 0.1 Leopard Gecko 0.0.3 D. leucs 0.0.2 D. tincs Cobalt 0.0.4 Baby Eastern Box Turtles

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby23
    I read through that, that was a mistake on the BOI. Reptileguru.com is the Prehistoric Pets store in Chino, CA. not the gross over priced and full of mites one in Fountain Valley, CA.
    Got it. I didn't read through it completely. Still a tough situation. You have a high priced snake in the het female, an inexpensive but not cheap het male from a really reputable guy and 4 normals from someone you have no idea about. I would at least make sure you somehow keep the 4 normals away from the other 2.

Thanks

After thinking about this some more. It would not be hard to separate the 4 normals. I have an extra therm and If I just set-up another plug on it, im in business. I should also keep the normals in a third seperate room right? Or do you think it would be safe to keep the 1.1 het albino in the herp room, with some super strict quarantine rules? Thanks for the concern.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby23
    After thinking about this some more. It would not be hard to separate the 4 normals. I have an extra therm and If I just set-up another plug on it, im in business. I should also keep the normals in a third seperate room right? Or do you think it would be safe to keep the 1.1 het albino in the herp room, with some super strict quarantine rules? Thanks for the concern.
    Any way to find a third room? There is no super strict quarantine if you put the 1.1 in the room with the rest of your collection.

Thanks

I think finding that 3rd room is in my mom's hands. And lets just say those hands don't hold snakes.