Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,130

3 members and 1,127 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Thread: Eagor

Thanks

Smile Eagor

Hi everyone... i joined bpnet a few days ago in frantic search of bp hatchling advice which i have been quite pleased with (still working on a first feed)... i just noticed the amphibian forum so i thought i would introduce Eagor! (sorry if thats not how you spell it but i got him when i was 11... i sounded it out and it came out Eagor and i havent change it )
    He is a white's tree frog... i think indonesian from what i can remember i have had him for almost 9 years and he is still doing great.

Thanks

Talking Re: Eagor

cool

Thanks

Re: Eagor

Just saying hi!! We have 2 of the whites, about 2 yrs now. they are so cute! Good luck with your new BP.

Thanks

Fantastic frog! It's lovely you've had him so long Lauren. What is their life expectency in captivity and what does he eat? Will he allow handling? Frogs truly fascinate me!
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Very cool...I had no idea they would live that long!
    -- Judy

Banned
    Thanks

Great looking frog!!! He's an Indonesian alrighty

Thanks

Aww, what a sweet frog face(and fat body). He looks like my White's, Murphy, but Murphy is more blue and has white speckling on his butt. I've had Murphy since '04 and he was 1/2" long. That's wonderful you've had him for so long. Nice to know I have something to look forward to with Murphy
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

when i was doing my research (how ever extensive an 11 year olds research can be) i bought a book that said they can live up to 25 years... it is possible to feed them pinkies and mealworms but eagor sticks with crickets... i tried giving him mealworms a couple times but i think he was afraid of them... yes i do stay up occassionally to watch him in action... the last two years i havent been able to handle him much since i go to school out of state and they dont allow pets in the dorms but when i was living here year round i played with him all the time... he was my favorite show-and-tell treasure haha

he is about three and a half inches from nose to butt... i didnt measure him when i got him but he seems to have grown but i dont expect him to grow much more since he dines on crickets.

since i've been reading around the site i've noticed that people typically provide "hides" for WTFs ... i've never had any hides in his tank or monitored the temperature come to think of it... and he's been alive for this long with no problems (knock on wood)

this place is so awesome... i used to think i was so weird because i would rather be outside playing with roley-poleys, worms, frogs, turtles ... (dont get me wrong... i played with barbies too but they came outside with me to go "bug-hunting" haha)... come to find a whole network of people who did the same thing!

Thanks

Heck I helped run Lindsay, Ontario, Canada's first and likely last toad and frog hospital when I was a kid (complete with an ER, a sadly unused maternity ward, rehab, etc.) Okay so it was a really just a huge fridge box and I don't think most of our patients survived but hey it was a heck of a summer for three little girls in a neighbourhood with deep basement window wells LOL.

Oh and we hosted a lot of Caterpillar 500's. Sadly and tragically my fastest racer, Speedy (okay I sucked at naming stuff I was like 6 at the time), fell victim to a terrible accident while in training on the back stoop. Speedy met my father coming out with a full tray of steaks for the BBQ....I need not say more....

I'm still in therapy
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno
    Oh and we hosted a lot of Caterpillar 500's. Sadly and tragically my fastest racer, Speedy (okay I sucked at naming stuff I was like 6 at the time), fell victim to a terrible accident while in training on the back stoop. Speedy met my father coming out with a full tray of steaks for the BBQ....I need not say more....

I'm still in therapy
    That explains so much about you Jo!! LMAO!!

Oh and welcome Lauren! I'm hoping for a red eyed tree frog myself someday. Your little (I use the word loosely) WTF is adorable!!
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand