Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,808

0 members and 2,808 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Best Of Breed?? WHATEVER!!!!

Here is an older pic of Starmie so you get an idea where I'm going with this.

What went right - We got best of breed!!

What went wrong - Haven't shown in a while since I had injured my shoulder.
    1. Lost my grooming kit, no clippers no fancy scissors, Had to use a slicker brush as the dogs had chewed handle off pin brush! Household scissors no help either.
    2. Shoulder too bad to get dog [100lbs.] on table,crawl on knees to get job done!
    3. Go to try show clothes on 10:00 at night and realize, hey I put on weight! Go to drugstore get dye to make older clothes that fit work.
    4. Get to show and look at dog with fifteen minutes to spare,Oh noo, I missed trimming the nails and hair on 1 whole foot. Run to truck grab crap scissors touch up foot, now long nails even more noticable!!!
    5. Find out I have paid 25.00 entry,35.00 in gas, 7.00 in dye and we are the ONLY borzoi to have showed up.So we get best of breed but no points!!!
    6.Want to stay for group, will have time to finish grooming,but it is hot, no shade and would have to leave truck run for at least 3 hrs. to keep dog alive in ac with all that coat. CALLED IT QUITS!!! AURGGH!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

Re: Best Of Breed?? WHATEVER!!!!

Beautiful borzoi! I've alwaysw loved them, and at the first show I ever attended, I was hoping ot get to see a couple, and there was a specialty being held so I got to see about 70!
    You've had "one of those days". This past week I had a large dog drag my double K 1/8 hp clippers off the table and break the handset in two. So I can relate on that, also had cash turn up missing, my dryer is on the fritz and I blew a tire monday. Which I still need to put on as I was running late to work and didn't have tiem for them to do it.
    HUGS
    Wolfy

Thanks

Sounds like you need the hugs more than I do! Hope everything goes smoother!

Thanks

Awww geeze Nancy what a day! (insert required supportive comments here) These are the challenges of life...blah...blah...yadda...yadda...overcome and triumph...so forth and so on....

Reality....pour a bathtub full of warm water and insanely nice smelling bubbles....break open some wine or make a good cup of Earl Grey tea....put on some music....lock bathroom door....hop in tub...sip drink of choice....loudly say a very VERY rude word or two about your crappy day....then read some sort of trashy novel with no redeeming value whatsoever.

Always works for me!

Oh I forgot...notify any humans in your residence that disturbing you whilst the above is going on is grounds for a "deadly first strike response...with prejudice!" They may however disturb you if someone is not breathing or bleeding from a vein (especially on a new carpet!!!). They may NOT disturb you to tell you their brother is "looking at me again!" or to say "honey, where is my wallet?"

~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Sounds like a perfect fix! That wasn't all that went wrong, sometimes you must just vent!!! Thanks

Thanks

Geez, shows sound stressful! Gorgeous dog though!
    ~Sheree~

Because Snakes are Beautiful!
    http://www.bluegorgon.com/

4.1 snakes so far (Gomez, Falkor, Ma-tsu, Neptune, Irwin)
    2.1 house rabbits (Daphne, Bowie, Unut)
    0.1 Jeweled Lacerta (Dana)
    In loving memory of Cleo
    1989-2007

Thanks

Or as one of my friends says(as she is a mom of two, a 13 year old boy and an 11 year old girl, sheesh), " If you're not sick, dying or BLEEDIN' OUT YA EYEBALLS, I don't want to hear about it". LoL
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SatanicIntention
    Or as one of my friends says(as she is a mom of two, a 13 year old boy and an 11 year old girl, sheesh), " If you're not sick, dying or BLEEDIN' OUT YA EYEBALLS, I don't want to hear about it". LoL
    LMAO! Please ask her if she's copywritten that or might I use it...it's gold!
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wow...Starmie is gorgeous!! Sorry to hear the day turned out so rotten!
    -- Judy