Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,352

0 members and 3,352 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Bad Week for Blue Beauties

Ok, you all know that I got a pair of CB Vietnamese Blue Beauties last Saturday. I was ecstatic! They looked good, ate for me Sunday. Then Tuesday, I check on them, and the male is dead. No apparent reason, just dead. So, I call the breeder I got them from, didn't have any real expectations, the guys TOS basically say "no guaranties". Anyway, they say that they would send me another male, if they had one, at a reduced price, but they don't have anymore hatchlings. They do however have WC adults. So I agree to the WC adult male, and since I'm paying shipping, I also get a WC female adult (at full price), I might as well start the breeding project. So anyway, this is what showed up yesterday

There was no flesh on the end of this snake's nose, her nostrils were gone, and the bone was exposed. She was 3/4 dead when she got here, she died a few minutes after this pic was taken. I tried soaking her to revive her, but she was so weak, I had to hold her head up out of the water so she didn't drown. After she died, I ran my hand along her body, there was absolutely nothing in her digestive tract. I think she couldn't eat because the nose rot had destroyed her nostrils, so she couldn't breathe and swallow at the same time. Quite a choice, eat and suffocate, or breathe and starve.
    I purchased these animals from Strictly Reptiles out of Florida, and I'm not saying they're a bad outfit, but I've got a 50% mortality rate with their animals. I won't be buying from them again.

Thanks

Re: Bad Week for Blue Beauties

I'm so sorry. That's such a shame and you must feel terrible to happen to 2 snakes.

Thanks

I am very sorry to hear that. I dont think I will ever buy from them either. 2 out of 4 snakes die, and at least one was because of them not wanting to treat the nose rot. I hope you can find someone else to get some more from. Good luck to you and ur blue beauties that they may live a great life with you!!
    Cody
    ---------------------
    0.1.0 BP Normal (Princess)
    0.1.0 Anerythristic Corn Snake (Allison) For Sale
    Local Pickup Only
    PM Me For More Info

Thanks

aww that makes me sooo angry... where in FL are they? I'm suppose to head down there sometime soon...
    0.1 BP - Karma
    1.0 JCP - Tre
    0.1 RTB - Pixel
    1.0 Burm - Boost
    ---- non herp
    1.0 Lab Mix - Gauge
    0.1 Black Cat - Chloe
    1.0 Boy Toy - Jared

Thanks

Maybe I'm being a hard case on this but I'd call that irresponsible. Bad enough you lost the hatchling, that happens sometimes I guess but for them to ship you that female with that kind of damage and in such poor shape is absolutely disgusting! Did they represent her as healthy (other than of course being a WC you expect some issues). I hope you contacted them immediately for a full refund of her cost at least.

I also hope you have these snakes strictly quarantined as I'd worry that they probably weren't kept all that well from the look of that poor female. Probably a vet visit is in order for the survivors.

Did you check these people out on the BOI at all before purchasing from them?
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

God thats horrible. Well how is the CB female and the WC male doing?

1.6 BP 1.1 het albino BP 1.0 Creamsicle Corn 1.0 Viper Gecko 1.1 Crested Gecko 0.1 Leopard Gecko 0.0.3 D. leucs 0.0.2 D. tincs Cobalt 0.0.4 Baby Eastern Box Turtles

Thanks

Here's a thread from the BOI on Strictly Reptiles. Sometimes it helps to not only search the company name but also the person who owns it as sometimes people post that way too.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ictly+Reptiles
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Hmmmmmmm Just some food for thought....Have read thru the thread.....

Isn't it interesting that one of the most glowing accounts of service and quality of the animals is from Chris of TSE????
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Thanks Jo, I researched them as much as I could on the BOI. I even asked Matt at MG Reptiles to post an inquiry for me. Unfortunately, nothing current, or outright negative turned up, so I decided to take a chance. Live and learn, as they say. I'm just stunned that they'd send that female out. Yes, she was represented as WC, but apparantly healthy otherwise.

The remaining two are in strict quarantine! the hatchling ate again for me today. the wc male is 6ft of attitude, but appears to be in perfect condition. Yes, they will both be going to the vet very soon.

Thanks

I'm soooo sorry to hear about the deaths of your snakes. Good luck with the rest of them.
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast