Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,304

1 members and 3,303 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Thread: Stimson's size?

Thanks

Stimson's size?

Feel free to bounce thread if necessary

Felix is (probably) 3.5' long, at last wt, he's been growing but since I'm at work I couldn't tell ya his grams. *sigh* He's been eating like a champ, even when he was shedding. I didn't even catch him blue. I found the shed while I was cleaning some poo after the fact. About a month ago I fed him a small mouse and found it too big, and lately he's been eating fuzzy rats, 1/week, and he's about 3" ??? around.

Is he going to mature much bigger? I've read the Children's stay really small. It's okay one way or the other. Now that I have Hera and Wrigley is such a porker, Pinky is on her way home to us (soon), a bigger one isn't on the dream horizon. I was just curious as to whether or not to start planning for a bigger (eventual) home for him < and whether or not he's a BABY still and will outgrow his biting >.

I have GOT to get A camera and get some pics! Aaaaaaaarrrgh!

Thx for taking the time to respond to my question.

RuLyn
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Stimson's size?

I did some quick research and found a couple sites that say Stimson's top out at 87-88cm. I think that would translate to about 3ft, so if your boy is 3.5ft, he's probably done growing. They look like beautiful animals, can't wait to see some pics of yours!

Thanks

Thanks. Where'd you find this info? I googled and didn't find much for Stimson's. Some for Children's but not as much about my Felix. I'm just curious where U located it.

Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

http://www.armadalereptilecentre.com...tiles/stimson/

http://www.herpo.com/pythons/stimsons.html

I didn't find anything comprehensive, as you can see, neither of these pages has much more info than, "this is what it looks like, they get about this big"
    Last edited by monkeywrench133; 05-27-2006 at 08:41 AM.

Thanks

thanks for the links. They're not ones that < I > found.
    Sweety314

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

After posting these I went home and weighed & meas'd Felix before feeding him last week.

He was 31" (just hanging) & 185g, so maybe he's still a baby after all. I guess I'll just have to keep him to find out.

R.
    Sweety314

Thanks

He sounds close to full grown. I believe those little guys top out around 3 feet max.
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand