Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,917

2 members and 2,915 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Angry Some ppl.........good greif

I just rescued a grey headed blood red corn snake. It is in horrid condition. It is 2 and a half foot long and only weighs 65 grams.

I went to get some f/t mice as mine arent ready for feeding to snakies yet and went to look and saw this poor thing. I directly went to the owner of the shop and said it was very sick and shouldnt be there, he promply put it in a critter carrier and told me to take it home and see what I could do. Now fair enough the rest of his reptiles were in wonderful condition and had all their requirements. But this poor thing was in a tank alone and it had been surrendered to the shop owner just a couple of days ago. He in truth was doing what he could for the poor bugger. And he just rang me saying if I got he snake back to condition I could keep it. as a thank you for all my help to him. And that if needed he would give it food for life free. So fair play to him.

I just wanna ring the neck of the person that let this snake get in such poor condition.

I even got hold of Kathy Love the corn snake lady that wrote the great book to see if there was any info she could pass to me I wasnt doing already to give this thing the best start i could. and she spent 30 minutes on the phone with me sorting the little bugger out. IM calling it little bugger right now because it had a ton of mites and took offense to me removing them. sporting a smal bite on my finger for the honor. But it is now sorted and in the iso tank.

How can ppl do this to their animals? Do they not even care. It sickens me to see this happen to little ones.

we need licenses here for dogs, but not small reptiles or children. If the person did this to his snake think of what his kids are going thru.

ok im off my soap box now but still spitting mad.

Beauty the BP

Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 921 Posts

Re: Some ppl.........good greif

Thats terrible.......its probaly anemic from the heavy infestation......baby BP's can quickly deteriorate due to blood loss from a heavy mite infestation. Hope the little "corny guy" comes around for ya.
    ALL THAT SLITHERS - Ball Python aficionado/keeper
    breeder of African soft fur Rats. Keeper of other small exotic mammals.
    10 sugar gliders

2 tenrecs
    5 jumping spiders
    paludarium with fish
    Brisingr the albino
    Snowy the BEL
    Piglet the albino conda hognose

FINALLY got my BEL,no longer breeding snakes. married to mechnut450..

Thanks

Its great that you were there to care!!! Keep us posted, Before and after pics would be nice, I always did before and afters with great dane rescues. people can't believe the difference. Had 1 come in 45lbs. underweight and almost no hair. Good luck with your new baby!!!!!

Thanks

It's wonderful you are taking on this little one and so good of Kathy Love to spend that time with you. I'm sure it was invaluable.

Humans are some of the cruelest in the world. Sad but true that a thinking human being would allow any living creature to suffer and still get up in the morning, look in the mirror and not be ashamed of the face staring back at them.
    ~~Joanna~~

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

i'm very very very supportive of people rehoming pets. i believe the pets deserve (yes deserve!) to be happy and well cared for and IMO when someone doesn't really want the pet anymore... their care tends to falter...

it sounds like that person should have rehomed that corn snake a long time ago!

sending reiki and healing thoughts to it.
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I've just taken on my second rescue snake. My first being a badly neglected Royal Python, the second, although well-fed, neglected Cornsnake - sold for the price of a couple of pints of beer who has really bad scarring due, I think, to wrapping himself round a naked lightbulb (see my post Poor Cornsnake).

I think a lot of people get snakes just so they can look "big" in front of their friends. When the novelty wears off, the poor snake gets even more neglected than it did when they first got it. Many people just don't bother to learn about snakes or can't be bothered asking for advice. When I first started keeping snakes, I was never off the various forums asking for advice and I also read several books. That's how I learned and am still learning, but I also made sure I followed advice on set-ups, temps etc. from the very start. I have 14 snakes now and I hope to have them all their lives and I hope their lives will be very happy and comfortable. We look on our snakes, cats and dog as our children (both my human children are grown up).

I too wish that people wouldn't take on animals if they're not going to look after them properly. Animals should be treated with love, kindness and respect. They deserve nothing less.

Please keep us posted with the dear little one's progress. I shall send healing thoughts for him.