Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,098

4 members and 2,094 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Menelas (42)

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: what other pets/personalities

Here are a few!

Inky, my kitty; 10 year old-ish fat black neutered domestic shorthair. Enough said; he is sedate and lazy most of the time but reallllly annoying in the morning when he wants us to wake up at 6am

Cuesta; our breeding stock paint mare (in my avatar.) She has a really steady, calm and reasonable no nonsense attitude. She can kick her heels up with the best of um, but she does have a few quirks: she was unfortunately, poisoned by antifreeze at a young age and has some nerve damage; her mouth (bottom lip) and front legs twitch sometimes; I guess it was nerve damage. She is a real survivor for enduring this, though. Sometimes I wonder about her previous home; she will sometimes just stand in the field in a weird catatonic state, ignoring everything. The people who owned her were really unknowledgible, and she was once clipped completely of her hair coat; sure, some people trim their horses for show, but not bald! And they neglected to trim her hooves regularly; she was horribly toed out when we got her. I am happy to say she is gaining weight great now (preggo, of course; she was bred before we bought her in december) but I love her to pieces.

Then there's our other mare, Emma; the one with the foal Domingo that you saw from my prev. posts. Emma also was a victim of ignorant owners; she was never worked with as a youngster and now is pretty fearful of anything new and even normal horsey things like blankets, fly spray, etc terrorize her (and she is around 8 yrs old for pete's sake, no young thing.) Like Cues, she was also bred last year by oy friend (not the poor owner I described above, but still she has to breed everything on her farm! lol..) emma is coming around though, and even has mellowed out a lot since foaling; she will come around more.

That's all I can type; my fingers would fall out if I described all out pets!
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks

Lets see...

Cleo: My cat has actually been diagnosed by a vet as obsessive compulsive. Fun! She's been with me for about 18 years now, and she's my princess. Very prim and kept, spoiled and mellow but spry for a cat her age when she wants to play! Frighteningly lady like, if she comes across something she finds distasteful she pulls her paw up against her chest as if to say "Well, I never!" She also doesn't know she's a cat. She's people.

Zell: Karen's cockatiel. I say Karen's because I'm merely "second best mommy" who will do when "real mommy" isn't around. That bird loves Karen to bits! She's a spaz and easily our noisiest pet, but she's cute as hell too. Hates having her wings and toenails clipped, but she gets around the entire appartment just fine on her own, marching around like she owns the place. Amazingly enough Cleo and Zell respect each other's space and the old gal knows this bird is family. We named Zell after the blonde guy in Final Fantasy 8, because she has the same hairdo.

Q and Jeanie: They count as one pet because they share a brain. Little diamond doves that are cute, quiet, and dumb as a box of rocks. Q is a runt though with a beak deformation, but she can eat and that's what matters. We didn't know if she was a boy or a girl initially, so we gave her a Star Trek name that works for either gender. She eventually laid an egg. Jeanie is more robust and named after the David Bowie song "Jean Genie" because of the denim like coloration on her wings.

Daphne: Daphne is the den mother around here! A little rabbit with a big attitude! She was a rescue from a neighbor who kept her out on the porch in the arizona sun in a plastic "starter" cage. Her nails were overgrown, she was hot, stressed, lonely and grumpy. Her previous owner gladly gave her over to us, and though I only intended to foster her briefly we fell in love and now this is her forever home. She bosses everybody and tells them what's what! But is also very loving and affectionate. She's also a diplomat, acting as a patient go between for new animals and Cleo.

Bowie: Rabbits are not solitary creatures, and Daphne was clearly depressed so we decided to go to the rescue where she could pick out a buddy. (after she was spayed of course!) Bowie is a BIG boy, at least 10 lbs, and has one blue eye and one brown eye. He actually came with the name Bowie because of his eyes, so it's like it was meant to be! He's a mellow laid back charmer who licks everything in sight. SO friendly. He even licked a vet tech's neck once when she was taking him back for bloodwork, startled her! He's a sexay bunny rock star and he knows it. He is also Daphne's loyal minion.

Unut: New baby bunny! So far, she's very adventurous and sweet! The other rabbits don't like getting picked up, but she's fine with it, very cuddly and adorable. We're still working on bonding her with the other two, and it's going really well. She cuddles with them a lot, all tiny. Curious and energetic is the Unut.

That's all our non-herp kids. I think I babble on enough about my snakes personalities on other threads, lol!
    ~Sheree~

Because Snakes are Beautiful!
    http://www.bluegorgon.com/

4.1 snakes so far (Gomez, Falkor, Ma-tsu, Neptune, Irwin)
    2.1 house rabbits (Daphne, Bowie, Unut)
    0.1 Jeweled Lacerta (Dana)
    In loving memory of Cleo
    1989-2007

Thanks

I just have Nicky and Cato, neutered male cats who were littermates. I had just moved to California from Indiana and I was SUPREMELY lonely. Used to just sit in my aparment and cry (sooo pathetic).

Anywho, I had been here about a month when a friend a work told me her neighbor had a couple of stray kittens and would I be interested. I visited them, couldn't decide, so just took the one I was holding, Cato. His rescuer had named him Emmitt but it didn't fit, so I named him Cato as in the Pink Panther. About 3 months later, I went back and got his brother Nick. Realized quite soon that Nick really was a Nicky (tricky sh*tty Nicky kitty).

Nicky is probably more "my cat" than Cato, loves laps and generally any attention he can get. Cato doesn't really like laps - acts like he was dropped on his head a lot, freakish thing, always afraid of everything - but will glady accept any and all pettings from you if you sit on the couch or in the lazyboy and he sits on the arm.

Cato luuuuurves to be combed forwards, backwards, sideways, just - keep - combing (purrrpurrrpurrrpurrrrrrrrr), but I think it irritates Nicky's skin, so he doesn't dig it much.

Nicky sleeps with me and tries to hog the ENTIRE bed - little beast!

Happiness is a cat in the window: picture of Nicky from several years and apartments ago.

Caught in the act! They've always been snuggle bunnies. Cato's lost a lot of weight then this picture, I'm happy to say. =)

*edit* typos > me
    Last edited by cassandra; 05-19-2006 at 09:08 PM.
    0.1 ball python (Cleo), 0.1 surinam bcc (Carmen)
    1.0 sunglow motley corn (Jenson), 1.0 albino burmese (Lourdes)
    1.0 cat (Nicky), some mooses and ratters, 1.0 hubby (Rick)

Thanks

I currently have one male BP named Nag (he is just so awesome), once my camera batteries get charged I'm going to try and take some viewable photos of him for you all to see. he is doing AWESOME right now...specially since he was on death's door when he arrived at the end of Feb. he's grown at least a good 3 inches and is not twice the diameter he was before.

I also have 3 cats....

my old guys are Bootsie, who is a cranky bobtail. She is lovable when she wants to be, and cranky if she gets disturbed, but she just smacks your hand, fusses and goes away.

Nani, who has a full name, but not sure its apropriate to post here...so if you cant guess and want to know, lemme know *grin*
    she and Bootsie are both almost 7 years old. Nani is all black with gold eyes, and is my timid chatty kittie. Nani actually talks, I swear!! funny thing is, I know what she wants by the way she meows

and Jack who is 15 months old, and the alpha kittie. Jack has a major attitude, but can be the sweetest thing you ever saw. he is HIGHLY opioniated, a cuddly kittie when he wants to go to sleep (he doesnt sleep alone if he doesnt have to), and he is aloof, not graceful at all, and a real PITA when he wants to be, but he's my baby

and we have Nemo (of course, can you tell I have young kids?) who is a goldfish we got while we lived in Kentucky from a couple who was moving out of the complex we lived in. Kids came home and said "can we have goldfish?" so thinking they were talking about the goldfish crackers, I sand yes, and much to my surprise, they brought home nemo

and by the end of june (maybe sooner) I am buying a beautiful female from a guy who was refered to me from this site (and I cant remember his name offhand) and she will be named Nagaina. go to http://www.ectotherms.net/gallery/album02 and she is number 866 , page 7, top right corner. isnt she beautiful? and if I could find the post I replied to, I could thank the person who gave me the email address for the guy...so if you read this, thanks! lol
    "I'm pink, therefore I'm SPAM."

1.1.0 ball pythons, Nag (4) and Nagaina (3 yrs)
    1.2.0 kitties, Jack(3), Bootsie (8), and Nani (8)
    1.0.0 leucistic texas rat snake, Bloop (1 year)
    1.0.0 well trained fiance, Mark
    0.2.0 lovely daughters, Alyda (14) and Elise (10)
    ...And he BETTER obey! - Bill Cosby

Wendy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gurgie
    ...she will be named Nagaina...isnt she beautiful?
    Yes she is! Congrats! I know Robin has been really happy buying from Will, so I hope you will too. =)
    0.1 ball python (Cleo), 0.1 surinam bcc (Carmen)
    1.0 sunglow motley corn (Jenson), 1.0 albino burmese (Lourdes)
    1.0 cat (Nicky), some mooses and ratters, 1.0 hubby (Rick)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12