Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,972

3 members and 2,969 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

what other pets/personalities

So I am super bored at work...we only have 7 patients, and our usual census is about 23. Im bored outta my mind and I have 3 hours left. I need some filler!

What other pets do you own?

What are their personalities like (the ones you favor or like I know some people have many many pets and its not that easy)?

I'll start...
    Mikey the 6 toed cat:
    Handsome!!!very lovable but very much a terratorial cat, likes people to know he comes first and always has a spot on my lap no matter what Im doing or where I am in the house. Not very playfull but would rather lay on my lap for a chin scratch. Likes icecream and has a thing for marshmellows and bread in bags (plenty of time he has gotten to the bread bag and punctured millions of holes in it. Has six toes and his paws are white...he looks as if he is wearing mittens. To me he is the most handsome cat ever and is for sure the joy of my life. except when he chews through my cell phone charger cord...cant even yell at him then!

Eugene and Butters the Betta Fish:
    Butters is less active, likes to hide in the plants more.
    Eugene is a flashy boy who loves to show you how good he looks. He is more active and loves his betta flakes!

Lucy and Ma aka Fat Ma the ratts:
    Lucy is bratty, more likely to hop out of your hand. Likes to pin Ma (the bigger rat) down. more cautious.
    Ma is goofy, she sways back and forth as if some trance. she is more curioius and likes to smell me.

Khan our male BP:
    he comes out at night to climb in the branches. He is a bit skiddish still but is a good eater for us. Has never attempted to sit in his water dish like most snakes i see. Likes Dan better than he likes me. has no interest in the half log hide anymore, so it sits.

Lola our female BP:
    our big girl. very friendly and calm. would rather stay in her hide but doesnt seem to mind coming out to to say hi. Likes hiding under some fake plants I suctioned to the side of the plastic wall but she too avoids the inside of her half log. Not as light colored as Khan but I call her my dark princess.

Dan the boyfriend:
    works days and then comes home to make a mess, leaves it for me to clean.
    wont eat veggies and has to cover everything in ranch dressing. Likes to watch Family guy and the national geographic channel with me. Khans daddy since I bought him the snake.

if i would suggest against any pet it would be the boyfriend, just to much work and up keep, very smelly and will eat you out of house and home.Yay ball pythons!
    *_*Erica*_*
    And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance,character; and character, hope.
    Romans 5:2-4

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: what other pets/personalities

i have 2 six-toed cats and one dog!!!! seriously! momma kitty and fo or pho. it used to be 2 brothers but one got hit by a car. we called him scooter because when he was bornhe couldnt use his back legs and just scooted around. anyways, momma kitty's a really layed back cat that isnt afraid of our dog, oreo, who is kinda goofy. but fo on the other hand is more skiddish and is terrified of our dog. when scooter was alive he used to take our dog on, lol. he was more of a bold kinda cat.

since i dont talk about my fence lizard much ill tell you about her too. she's really timid and everytime my hand gets close to her she scatters off underneath her rocks. she's not as skiddish as a wild lizard but shes not tame yet, gettin there though.
    -marshall

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr~python
    i have 2 six-toed cats.
    Get outta town! We should start a 6 toed cat club!! all those lamey 5 toed cat owners cant join! You aint cool unless you gots a six toed cat!!! (just kidding everyone with 5 toed cats)

Awesome marshall!
    *_*Erica*_*
    And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance,character; and character, hope.

Thanks

Heres what we have, we kind of run a small animal rescue and most of these are rescues.

10+ Rabbits all of these are rescues, we had around 6 more then a dog broke through the fence and ripped the ENTIRE bottom out of the hutch and killed (not eat) all the rabbits out there at the time.
    3 Ferrets, again rescues
    1 Cockatiel
    2 Dogs, 1 is a rescue
    1 cat
    and I know im forgetting someone so when I remember ill post.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by worldcupkeeper
    Heres what we have, we kind of run a small animal rescue and most of these are rescues.

10+ Rabbits all of these are rescues, we had around 6 more then a dog broke through the fence and ripped the ENTIRE bottom out of the hutch and killed (not eat) all the rabbits out there at the time.
    3 Ferrets, again rescues
    1 Cockatiel
    2 Dogs, 1 is a rescue
    1 cat
    and I know im forgetting someone so when I remember ill post.
    thats awesome that you do rescues. I was thinking about doing a rescue for snakes in Milwaukee or fostering for cats (what a combo) but my place is to small and my bf is a weiner and does not like animals other than our snakes.

Keep up the awesome job and good luck with your new stock of animals. Maybe all will find a good home
    *_*Erica*_*

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

My Mom has a 6-toed cat as well. Loves her to pieces!

No mammals here...except the two-legged sort. LOL

0.1 BP -- Kisasa...pretty laid back, sleeps most of the time. Will come out and cruise in the evenings or at night...and occassionaly during the day, but that is getting more rare as time passes. She doesn't mind being picked up and held...at least she's never "told" me she minds.

1.0 Bearded Dragon -- Shaggy...lazy beardie...until you put crix in his cage...and then he goes absolutely nutso! Him loves himself some crickets! He's named after the character from Scooby Doo because he likes to eat so much.

1.0 Baja Cape Gopher -- Caesar...the sleepiest snake known to man, I'm sure of it! This guy sleeps 99.997% of the time. But if we reach in to take him out, he never seems to object and actively explores wherever you'll let him reach.
    -- Judy

Thanks

well my sister actually does the non reptile rescues and most if not all are not going anywhere anytime soon ,ive tried to get a reptile rescue going but ive not had any calls for rescueing.

Thanks

At the barn where my horse lives, they have a 7 toed cat.. hah!

I've got lots of animals..

Rosie the english shepherd dog is my girl. She's very, very smart, and needs to be doing something all the time. She loves to herd the squirrels in the back yard.

Ike is our cocker spaniel. He likes to growl at me when I brush his hair and he's a general turd, but he's pretty. He's not the brightest dog either..

Wolfie is our brown tabby cat. She's very affectionate (but still the queen) and thinks she is a dog. She drinks out of the toilet bowl, plays fetch, eats dog food (when no one is looking, she thinks) and even barks (!) at the dogs.

Wildthing is my black kitty. She's slightly chunky and is pretty lazy. She's very shy and doesn't like to be around anyone but me. She sleeps in bed with me every night.

Beasty (short for Release the Beast) is my old (19 years) grey thoroughbred gelding. He's an ex-racehorse but still thinks he's on the track sometimes. High strung and afraid of silly things, like most thoroughbreds.

Gimpy is a FAT tiger salamander I have been fostering for quite a long time now for a friend. He's a pig, and will not hesitate to eat fingers.

Gak is my white's tree frog. Likes to make random odd croaking noises out of nowhere and scare me. Also a piggy, and chunky.

My female leopard gecko (nameless.. and I've had her a long time) is always HUNGRY! when I open her cage, she bites at the air, waiting for her shower of mealworms. She likes to sit on my hand and walk on the keyboard.

Mr Whiskers my brown bullhead catfish, is my little buddy. I've had him about 6 or 7 years. He is about 8 inches long and he comes up to the surface of the water (always in the same corner, he's trained) to eat from my fingers. He likes to do his dance for food, and I always know when he's hungry. He's got a cute little mole on his nose.

My 6 male crowntail bettas all have their own personality. Some like to flare at their next door neighbor more than others, but they all like to show off. They love eating bloodworms.

Chocolat, my male ringneck dove is very shy, and is afraid of me. He will sit on my hand if he has to, but he shakes and tries to get away, so I leave him alone unless for cleaning time. His mate (unnamed so far) is much calmer, and will step up on my hand and come out of her cage willingly. She has laid several eggs, but they have all been clear so far.

Edgar is my American singer canary. He's a bit shy too, but he is a wonderful singer, and I wake up every morning to his lovely song. He's blue gray with a white tail and he's the cutest little thing ever.

My two newest animals are a pair of bronze winged mannikin finches. They're super cute, and make sweet little chirpy noises to each other.

I could tell you about all my inverts and snakes, but I don't think anyone wants to read that novel.

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby
    I could tell you about all my inverts and snakes, but I don't think anyone wants to read that novel.
    go for it!
    *_*Erica*_*

Thanks

I think I'M too tired to write all that.. lol

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast