Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 688

1 members and 687 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

Dragon Wrassling Pics

Actually Neptune was being pretty good for these. Only got a few because Karen's not as crazy about taking photos as I am. He's wrapped around me and he threw his usual "OMG UR TOUCHING ME!" fit when we took him out, but as you can see he calms down pretty well once he's out... I just don't trust him enough not to use the gloves. Wish it was at a better angle so you can see his length.

I have a good grip but keep having to readjust. The hardest thing really is putting him back! He's everywhere and I have to get his whole long butt back in the cage before I can close it, lol. He doesn't fall for the "straight into the hide" trick Ma-tsu does.

"Well, I never!"

So long as I keep an eye on his head, the rest of him gives me a nice back massage, lol! His strikes have gotten more lazy and he doesn't inflate as much as he used to or give those massive fire hose hisses! I'm proud of him. He's still a brat who only eats every other week or so (getting tired of wasting rats...) but he's definitely calming down!
    ~Sheree~

Because Snakes are Beautiful!
    http://www.bluegorgon.com/

4.1 snakes so far (Gomez, Falkor, Ma-tsu, Neptune, Irwin)
    2.1 house rabbits (Daphne, Bowie, Unut)
    0.1 Jeweled Lacerta (Dana)
    In loving memory of Cleo
    1989-2007

Registered User MARCUS ANTONIUS's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dragon Wrassling Pics

Absolutely Gorgon-geous!! I absolutely love the Blue Beauty pics you ladies post on here!! I know basically squat about them but they're so darned awesome looking!!

One of the first things that I noticed about the pics and the post is that you have on gloves... Are they all this fiesty or does that work like other snakes on a case-by-case basis? Also either way, do they eventually become like kings or corns or something? Another thing I was wondering is what's the max size on those guys?

Again, they're lovely creatures and I always look forward to the pics!!
    Jeremy

You Might Be a Herper if...
    You're standing in the pet store checkout line with your purchase in hand & the person behind you says "Oh, they're so cute! Do they make good pets?" and you reply, "These? Hmmm. Actually, I have no idea...I never thought about that..."
    - Kevin McCurley, NERD

Thanks

Thank you! I luv my Beauties /(^v^)\ And I'm proud to say that the website in my sig now answers all those VBB questions and more!

Neptune is a special case, regarding the gloves. His previous owner had him sharing a 50 gal tank *and* stopped handling him pretty much altogether. Neptune just got more and more neurotic with time. I'm working with him, but don't really trust him. He doesn't trust me either!

My female is so tame, I trust her to stick her face in my face! She can also be trusted even with youngens, as Judy can back up, and I can just walk around with her wrapped around me. She'll knock everything nearby down trying to explore, but I can do it! lol. Ma-tsu is a *dream*, total angel snake! Worst she's ever gotten was accidentally bopping me in the eye with her nose when she thought I still had my glasses on.

Beauties have a reputation for being nervous, but with regular handling they generally calm down nicely. I'm sure it varies from individual to individual like any snake, but the guy I got these Beauties from said that Neptune was nearly as sweet as Ma-tsu when he first got him. It was after being neglected that he got like this.

EDIT: Oh, and the average size is about 7 to 8 feet! Skinny tho, Neptune there is *very* long but slender as you can see. I'm quite sure he's closer to 8 ft if not more based off his last shed.
    Last edited by MedusasOwl; 05-08-2006 at 06:44 PM.
    ~Sheree~

In loving memory of Cleo
    1989-2007

Thanks

dang.. i need some gloves like that.. then handling my red tail wouldnt be so scary..
    0.1 BP - Karma
    1.0 JCP - Tre
    0.1 RTB - Pixel
    1.0 Burm - Boost
    ---- non herp
    1.0 Lab Mix - Gauge
    0.1 Black Cat - Chloe
    1.0 Boy Toy - Jared

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Awesome pictures, Sheree! It's easy to see what a handful he is. And I love the last picture....he is living up to his nickname big-time!
    -- Judy

Thanks

I swear I'm wierd but I love snakes with that brassy attitude LOL. Thanks for the pics of Neptune! He's looking wonderful!
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

You'd love Neptune, Jo! He's fiesty! Now if only he'd eat more regularly, I'd love his attitude more too Also, moments before those pics were taken he had his tail up my back and wrapping around my neck! Oy! He thinks he's so clever, like he could choke me with that skinny tail in his wildest dreams, lol!
    ~Sheree~

In loving memory of Cleo
    1989-2007