Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,858

2 members and 2,856 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

when is your boa most naughty?

i'm wondering if there's a time of day when boas are the most naughty when they are out and about... or if it's simply an opportunity thing and it doesn't matter what time of day or night it is LOL

in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

Re: when is your boa most naughty?

Wrigley's just started hissing when it's time to eat. He'll "kill" and then WATCH me and hiss if I'm anywhere close by. He didn't use to object to any closeness before but now he gets miffed.

Hera is still new to us. She's a gazillion times larger than Wrigley since he's a year in July and she's a young (I'm assuming) adult of 6.5 pounds. She's tagged me twice, but when Robin and I was handling her on Wed night, we didn't get ANY objections or have problems with her at all.

Because of the cats, and our VERY small house, the snakes are only allowed to be "free" on our beds. Snoopy was the only one we let wander, and then still, in my bedroom, so I'm not sure if there will be naughty times for mine. *shrugs* Sorry Aleesha....not much help here, I'm afraid.

I'm sure Jamie and April will pipe up with all sorts of stories of their hogs.
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

Thanks

i can't imagine them missing the opportunity to share more of their stories... i sure love reading about them!
    in light, Aleesha

Thanks

I do too! Makes for great training material and forewarning so I know what to expect with my big girl now that I have one.

And what I can look forward to when I (eventually) get my Hog Island boa.
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

Thanks

exactly. when they begin to hiss and make a fuss it's nice to know "ah yes, this is normal" not "OMG it's gonna kill me"

LOL
    in light, Aleesha

Thanks

Perhaps, but it was still a shock when Hera nailed my finger... the witch! But it sure made for a strange hole pattern on the pad of my finger. Got a few questions from friends. hahahahahahah (An interesting conversation starter for plugging snakes. )
    Sweety314

Thanks

Carmen hasn't been naughty, just stubborn, mostly about where she wants to be and where she wants to go. Which is UP!

On top of your head...up the railing on the stairs...up into your shirt. UP!

The day we brought her home, she demanded on being on top of Rick's head and then peed, no urates, but liquid. Stinky!

She desperately loves being on top of heads and going through thick hair to get tangled in (like mine if it's down), oh boy yay!

She crawled up my shirt one day and wrapped herself around my shoulder and forearm. Took quite a while to convince a squirmy, strong and determined Carmen to come out, hehe.

And then just general coming out of her cage and going back in. I try to get her back in as calmly as possible, but you know...UP is better. =)
    0.1 ball python (Cleo), 0.1 surinam bcc (Carmen)
    1.0 sunglow motley corn (Jenson), 1.0 albino burmese (Lourdes)
    1.0 cat (Nicky), some mooses and ratters, 1.0 hubby (Rick)

Thanks

up with UP LOL

sorry i couldn't resist
    in light, Aleesha

Thanks

Never had a problem with either Kinkers or Sev. I don't think Kinky even knows how to strike, honestly. Never seen her do it... never even seen her get into the strike position. I doubt her body would allow it.

As for Sev... If he's in his dark phase---he goes from being a dark, almost gun-metal gray, to a light silver---and I wake him up, he'll immediately go into strike pose. But after sniffing the air a couple times, he settles down, relaxes his pose.

Most boas go through the two phases, light and dark. For some reason, they seem to be testier during the dark phase. I'm not sure if it's because they're resting, soaking up more heat (thus the reason for the darkness), or what. But this is what I've found, what I've read from others too.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

now THAT is some good info to know!!!

dark means they are in a dark mood... light means they are happy and want to be pestered LOL
    in light, Aleesha