Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,796

0 members and 2,796 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull

Thread: VBB Care Sheet

Thanks

VBB Care Sheet

I finished the About Blue Beauties page of Blue Gorgon, which is essentially just a care sheet. I plan on getting a pic of Ma-tsu eating tonight to add to the images, but otherwise I think it's pretty much finished.

http://www.bluegorgon.com/caresheet.htm

Anything I should add, take out, reword...? Being the only VBB care sheet on the net that I know of, I want to be as accurate, honest, and user friendly as possible. Any feedback at all would be most helpful. Thanks!
    ~Sheree~

Because Snakes are Beautiful!
    http://www.bluegorgon.com/

4.1 snakes so far (Gomez, Falkor, Ma-tsu, Neptune, Irwin)
    2.1 house rabbits (Daphne, Bowie, Unut)
    0.1 Jeweled Lacerta (Dana)
    In loving memory of Cleo
    1989-2007

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: VBB Care Sheet

What a wonderful site! I loved to see all your art work, and am especially fond of Archery.Great job on the caresheet, as well

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Excellent job on that caresheet, Sheree! Lots of detailed information that is very easy to read and understand. Very well written!!

I just had one question about their care that I didn't see noted specifically: Do they need a temperature gradient like most snakes? Or are they fine so long as their environment is within the parameters you mentioned?
    -- Judy

Thanks

Some copyediting suggestions:

From the Accessories paragraph:
    Change of punctuation in these sentences from:

"The more you give them to adventure on the more enjoyable watching them will be. Of course, this also means more items for you to clean. So basically whatever works for you."

"The more you give them to adventure on, the more enjoyable watching them will be. Of course, this also means more items for you to clean. So basically, whatever works for you."

From the Feeding paragraph:
    The following sentence might be better if you change from:

"If you choose to feed in a separate container or in the enclosure is up to you."

"Choosing to feed in a separate container or in the enclosure is up to you."

Links suggestion:
    - Make all links open in a new window/tab so that your readers don't loose your page. Add a target="_blank" after the link statement if your web layout editor does not have this option. See the links in the page source here for an example.
    - Include links when referencing "Our Collection", etc. and again, have them open in new windows/tabs.

You might also think about adding a "Last edited DATE" at the top or bottom if you plan on actively updating it with information. I think it'd be a great idea to add that since you are the only public caresheet on these wonderful snakes, so it'll help those who plan on bookmarking your site to know if they've missed anything on the care. =)

But really, looks AWESOME! Make babies already so I can get one from you!
    0.1 ball python (Cleo), 0.1 surinam bcc (Carmen)
    1.0 sunglow motley corn (Jenson), 1.0 albino burmese (Lourdes)
    1.0 cat (Nicky), some mooses and ratters, 1.0 hubby (Rick)

Thanks

I too am waiting on her future babies LOL, but no rush Sheree. You and Karen will know when that's right for you two and for the two snakes. Wonderful website and the caresheet is lovely! Amazing how little information is out there on the web for these stunning snakes.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Thank you guys! I am taking my time, want to do right by our beauties. And thanks, Adizziedoll! I need to do more pieces from the story that inspired Archery, maybe get myself writing on it again. Stheino is a *fun* character, I've just had a bit of writer's block on it lately.

I updated the page again taking the suggestions into consideration! Also added a pic of Ma-tsu chowing down that I took just the other night

Judy~ I added "I've gotten a lot of mixed reviews on whether or not they need a temperature gradient. I am looking into it. Thus far it seems they're comfortable and digesting just fine so long as the room temp fluxuates between 70 and 85, but no higher or lower" to the Temp section, I hope that helps and after I talk to the vet I may change it again, not sure yet. But they're awfully active and eating and all without a gradient at the moment.

Thank you so much, Cassandra! That's a huge help, I especially love the "last edited" addition I added the open new window thing just on the links off Blue Gorgon, I never think of doing that sort of thing because I use Firefox and always just right click windows into a new tab. But I figure the ones to Our Collection etc are pretty self explainitory on how to get back, I don't have enough pages for somebody to really get lost I figure. And major thanks on the rewording! That's much better I think. Danke!
    ~Sheree~

Because Snakes are Beautiful!
    http://www.bluegorgon.com/

4.1 snakes so far (Gomez, Falkor, Ma-tsu, Neptune, Irwin)
    2.1 house rabbits (Daphne, Bowie, Unut)
    0.1 Jeweled Lacerta (Dana)
    In loving memory of Cleo
    1989-2007