Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,127

0 members and 3,127 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
    Thanks

Strange Toad found...

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/ar...990005&cid=936

Was reading through the news and came across this article about a toad that was discovered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Pretty interesting! Hopefully not another hoax.

Here's the article for those of you too lazy to click the link.

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (April 13) - Residents in rural Malaysia have found a two-tailed lizard and a toad with a 16-inch tail, news reports said Thursday

Farmer Ahmad Mustafa caught the unusual green lizard with a split tail near his house last month in the northern state of Penang, the New Straits Times said in a report accompanied by a photograph of the strange reptile.

Fed a diet of worms, the lizard is now 5.9 inches long "and it has found a special place in Ahmad's heart," the Times said.

Also Thursday, The Star said a toad with a tail measured at 15.75 inches has drawn curious onlookers to the home of a woman in the southern state of Johor.

Chiew Ah Chan said she was cleaning her house on Wednesday when she saw the toad trying to hop out of a drain. An Indonesian worker nearby caught the toad and handed it to the family, which intends to release it in the jungles in a few days after curiosity in the neighborhood has subsided.
    And a Strange lizard was found by a farmer...must be something in the water in Kuala Lumpur. LOL

As if that’s not enough, another weird animal was captured in Malaysia: a two-tailed lizard:

Farmer Ahmad Mustafa caught the unusual green lizard with a split tail near his house last month in the northern state of Penang, the New Straits Times said in a report accompanied by a photograph of the strange reptile.

Fed a diet of worms, the lizard is now 5.9 inches long "and it has found a special place in Ahmad’s heart," the Times said.

Jason

Thanks

Re: Strange Toad found...

It might be something in the water. Genetic defects in amphibians are one of the early indicators that something is not right in the environment You should see some of the oddities that are pulled out of polluted swamps.

I have seen lizards like that before. Stuff like that generally happens to a lizard that can 'regrow' its tail. If the tail does not fall all the way off and a new one grows.....they can end up looking like that. The new tail grows while the old one still remains....kinda crazy

Great post!
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks

Thanks Daniel! I love reading about herp news...got any good sites?
    Jason

Thanks

they must of come from the lake by the nucular power plant on the simpisons.

fish

Thanks

that is pretty cool and all, but that 2 tailed lizard is the cheapest looking photoshop doctered photo i have seen in a while, The toad I can possibly believe because of all the deformities in amphibians. But the lizard is screaming hoax.

1.6 BP 1.1 het albino BP 1.0 Creamsicle Corn 1.0 Viper Gecko 1.1 Crested Gecko 0.1 Leopard Gecko 0.0.3 D. leucs 0.0.2 D. tincs Cobalt 0.0.4 Baby Eastern Box Turtles

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daniel1983
    It might be something in the water. Genetic defects in amphibians are one of the early indicators that something is not right in the environment You should see some of the oddities that are pulled out of polluted swamps.

I have seen lizards like that before. Stuff like that generally happens to a lizard that can 'regrow' its tail. If the tail does not fall all the way off and a new one grows.....they can end up looking like that. The new tail grows while the old one still remains....kinda crazy

Great post!
    when i was in grade school stuff like this was happening in Wisconsin, we had a big water pollution bit in our science class all year.
    When i was a kid my grandparents would take me to their cottage on the lake. the area in which they lived had a gravel road about 20 feet away from the water and each night you could find a gillion frogs hopping all around that road. I would collect them in a mino (spelling?) bucket and when that would get to full Id stick em in my jacket pocket. Later that night before I went to bed my grandmother would make me take them back to the shore and marsh area and let them free so I could catch them the next night when Id do it all over again....its been about 12 years since then and I can hardly find a frog in the marsh more or less the road. Nothing by that lake is the same....its a shame that the delicate balance of things are easily disrupted. I only wished my kids could do the same as I used to...I guess they will have to go to the zoo to get there fill of wildlife....boohoo!
    *_*Erica*_*
    And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance,character; and character, hope.
    Romans 5:2-4