Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 776

0 members and 776 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got a Snow

Thanks

I got a Snow

You all know it goes around here.

Lars: I am going to town to get a cage so we can have room for the new RTB from Clay next week.

Shannon: Fine, but don't get another snake.

Lars: Don't worry I ain't.

Shannon: I have heard that before! I mean it Lars!!! We have 8 already and you still have that one coming next week.

Lars: I get it! Get off me already! Geez!

Needless to say I get to the pet store. They tell me they have two new corns. An albino and a snow. I already have an albino. I pace in front of the cage for 90 minutes. They are taunting me the whole time. Reminding me who the man is, and how much I want it. I tell them to get the snow out. I tried to sneak it into my office with out her seeing it thinking she was napping in bed. She caught me! She thinks he is so cute though. When I worked on his cage today he was so tough. He was hissing and striking at me. He is a 2' long little tough guy. I will have pics up tomorrow probably.

I think I really might be done with snakes until I get into something serious, like morphs. I also agreed to part with one of the males I rehabilitated. I am thinking Scar. She said there is a lady at work who might be interested in him. I will probably charge around $50 and make sure she has a proper set-up for him first if I do. I will probably make her sign a contract saying I get to see him every 3-6 months so I can check him out too.

Mom is going to be so jealous of this new guy. I figure him to be about 3-6 month old. He is all white with some faint cream color to him.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Thumbs up Re: I got a Snow

Snows are one of the nicer corns in my opinion.I just had my female snow lay 14 eggs.O you can never have to many snakes lol.Congrats on the new addition
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Re: I got a Snow

Congrats.. snow corns are wonderful, it is the snake my mom has (I got her for my mom) she's completely docile and has grown like a weed.

Posting pics?

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

I still want a Blizzard. I am going to have to start ordering my self a rack or two. My collection has really grown in the past 8 months. Space is getting to be a problem so I think I will need to go to a rack system. I am also looking to make a huge custom-made lizard cage to hold all 7 of them in.

Thanks

Yes blizzard corns are one of the few corn morphs that I really love and would be happy to own.

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

I pulled him out a took a few pics. I am trying to find the cord now. The camera ha Wi-Fi, so maybe I can go that route to upload them.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Congrats on the new snake....and congrats on not getting hit over the head with a frying pan! Can't wait to see pictures!!
    -- Judy

BPnet Veteran ballpythonandragon's Avatar
    Thanks

Congrats on the new one, well today wife and I went to all the local pet shops to see what they have and i wanted to check up on a female tiger retic they have and to see how she is doing, tank had hold on it and I hope that person getting it knows she will be big, i took out a Amel corn they have for 55.00 dollars and was looking it over and it had a beatiful pattern on the head but then she spoke up and said that she was going to feed him 1 or 2 rat pinkies this guy is a 6inch baby and she said he already had mouth rote so i handed it over and said lets go. Wish petshops here was good to buy from plus Petland here wants 160.00 for a baby Blizzard lol Crazy
    don't have any reptiles apartment says no.

Thanks

Wow this little dude really thinks he is a tough guy. His behavior has gotten worse. I fed him today like I did all the other snakes. He took a F/T rat pinkie no problem. I hear this hissing/buzzing like sound the whole time he is feeding. It's unbelievable. He is shaking his tail like a rattle snake and hissing at me. He was striking through the glass at me while I was feeding the other babies. This little guy is the toughest snake I have ever seen. Shaking his tail and striking at everything. He is kind of cute acting all big and bad. Is the normal Colubrid behavior?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lars5277
    This little guy is the toughest snake I have ever seen. Shaking his tail and striking at everything. He is kind of cute acting all big and bad. Is the normal Colubrid behavior?
    Fairly typical for babies, yes. Their best chance for survival in the wild is to make other predators think twice before snacking. LOL
    -- Judy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast