Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,082

1 members and 3,081 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks

Re: Green Anaconda Trying to eat a dog (vid)

Ah yes.. I had forgotten about the falconry use of the word 'hobby'. Ironic isn't it? lol

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

You Guys !

See the def has the word pleasure. That's the kill word that sets some off.
    That you kill something for pleasure.
    Heheheh Isn't that how Jeffery Dalmer got started? Just kidding Just kidding

You live in La. so I am sure most folks there do call hunting and fishing hobbies .
    I live right outside DC so I encounter a lot of those " some " people. So we choose our words carefully.
    ~ Johanna ~ aka Jody

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be measured by the way it's animals are treated"
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jotay
    I live right outside DC so I encounter a lot of those " some " people. So we choose our words carefully.
    That explains everything I had to go ask my wife what she considers hunting.....she said both a hobby and a sport....lmao. She had never heard of that being a problem either.
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jotay
    Lived there myself for 20 years. Lots of pc crap. Bleh. Where are those same people who are against all the controlled hunting, when those poor animals are starving to death because the herd numbers are out of control? Sorry worked too closely with some of the wildlife groups.

I also agree that calling it 'whatever' shouldn't make a difference, but it does to those 'few'. Of course I get called all sorts of weird names because I also consider my snakes a hobby. Oh well.
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks

resurrecting an old thread. It meakes me angry to know that people still think hunting is mean and wrong. Ha! Let me say something about this. I am a 25 year old woman who hunts with her fiance for deer (mainly). I am the only female out there unfortunetly too. However, I nurture all my pets (and I have a variety). I have 2 dogs, 2 ferrets, a parrot, a ball python, a 55 gallon fish and and 4 bettas. I also used to have guinea pigs that I bred, ducks, and a collard lizard. These animals get 5 star treatment, we are talking teeth brushed (for those that have brushable teeth), high quality foods (even the fish), and optimal environments (with waht I can afford)The thing is that I can discriminate between pet animal that I respect/love/care for versus game animal that I respect. There is a thrill in hunting that is hard to explain to non hunters who will never fully understand it. I do my best to manage a clean quick kill. These animals get to live off the land, live free, and most die quickly. Why are people so offended by it? GO see how animals get treated that are raised for human consuption...there is a sad, scary story. Sorry, just had to kick this dead horse, it was asking for it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsnaps
    resurrecting an old thread. It meakes me angry to know that people still think hunting is mean and wrong. Ha! Let me say something about this. I am a 25 year old woman who hunts with her fiance for deer (mainly). I am the only female out there unfortunetly too. However, I nurture all my pets (and I have a variety). I have 2 dogs, 2 ferrets, a parrot, a ball python, a 55 gallon fish and and 4 bettas. I also used to have guinea pigs that I bred, ducks, and a collard lizard. These animals get 5 star treatment, we are talking teeth brushed (for those that have brushable teeth), high quality foods (even the fish), and optimal environments (with waht I can afford)The thing is that I can discriminate between pet animal that I respect/love/care for versus game animal that I respect. There is a thrill in hunting that is hard to explain to non hunters who will never fully understand it. I do my best to manage a clean quick kill. These animals get to live off the land, live free, and most die quickly. Why are people so offended by it? GO see how animals get treated that are raised for human consuption...there is a sad, scary story. Sorry, just had to kick this dead horse, it was asking for it

You know- just from your topic, I live in alabama, where there are nights ive counted 20 deer along the sides of the road within a twenty - twenty-five minute drive. Yes you must cut down the populations of some animals in some place for healthier animals. Shooting a buck with a bow or a gun IMO is a lot more humane than ANY slaughter house of ANY form. There is just no comparison- that, and we eat deer here.
    Anyone want to look at what deer eat as compared to cows processed for food? Wonder why we have so many problems with our hearts and other organs? Healthy clover, corn, nuts. Cheap bulky steriods. Which would you rather catch down the food line?

Thanks

Yes, the hormones they pump into cattle and other animals is frightening. Sometimes I think that what we are eating is affecting how kids are growing up faster these days (along with their environments). They also use many antibiotics on these cattle that, as we eat them, we develop a tolerance to them or an allergy. I also eat what I kill. If organic beef wasn't so darned expensive I would switch to that.

Sorry, this got way off topic huh?

Thanks

its just keeps getting better well MAYBE if they hadn't introduced the dog, a non-native species into the anacondas habitat it wouldnt have been seen as prey. enough said...
    2 male bp's wolfgang & loki

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345