Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,903

3 members and 2,900 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Reptile Dysfunction Lucifers_Mommy's Avatar
    Thanks

Green Anaconda Trying to eat a dog (vid)

This video isnt the greatist quality, its in another language to .....ending is kinda sad but still a lil interesting to watch

http://www.picarelli.com/imagens/videos/sucuri_cao.wmv

Thanks

Re: Green Anaconda Trying to eat a dog (vid)

...it is those kinda videos that are making me have to fight for my right to own snakes....all it takes is for one dog loving, snake hating person to see that video and call a legislator to keep people from owning snakes cause they can do that to a dog...that is exactly what happened in Louisiana...ONE person made a phone call to a legislator and now my right to own snakes is in jeopardy....

...garbage photos and videos of people and animals getting harmed by reptiles is not what needs to be displayed and spread around...

....sorry if I am a little irritated....but if the new LA bill gets passed....in order to own any constrictor (like even a rosy boa), I am going to have to let the government in my home to inspect everything and purchase a permit for each animal....every year....and it is pictures of man eating snakes and talk of how they kill people and their animals that are driving this bill...

......this is directed at anyone that loves reptiles.....sorry to kinda get off topic with this....

....please stop the spread of this kind of material that is harmful to our hobby.
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daniel1983
    ...it is those kinda videos that are making me have to fight for my right to own snakes....all it takes is for one dog loving, snake hating person to see that video and call a legislator to keep people from owning snakes cause they can do that to a dog...that is exactly what happened in Louisiana...ONE person made a phone call to a legislator and now my right to own snakes is in jeopardy....

...garbage photos and videos of people and animals getting harmed by reptiles is not what needs to be displayed and spread around...

....sorry if I am a little irritated....but if the new LA bill gets passed....in order to own any constrictor (like even a rosy boa), I am going to have to let the government in my home to inspect everything and purchase a permit for each animal....every year....and it is pictures of man eating snakes and talk of how they kill people and their animals that are driving this bill...
    I agree. My grandma doesnt like snakes, and thinks mine will hurt someone. Yet, we have a golden lab, that gets all worked up and jumps on visitiors. She's an 80 pound dog, and if she jumps on someone the right way, being a young child or an elderly person, she could do harm. I really hope you dont have to worry about the goverment coming to your home and making you get a permit.

Thanks

You couldn't have said it any better Daniel!
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

......this is directed at anyone that loves reptiles.....sorry to kinda get off topic with this....

....please stop the spread of this kind of material that is harmful to our hobby.
    Exactly how I feel. It is these kinds of videos that get on my nerves.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Fairfax, Virginia; Originally from San Antonio, Texas.
    Thanks

Videos like that disgust me. Ugh. You guys to took the words right out of my mouth.
    Melanie Ryan Seals

2.2 Royal Pythons; Hadrian(het. albino), Lucius(het. hypo), Ophelia(normal) and Regan(het. albino).
    1.0 Homo sapien boyfriendidus; Nick AKA Daddy.s

Reptile Dysfunction Lucifers_Mommy's Avatar
    Thanks

sorry i didnt mean to tick anybody off

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifers_Mommy
    sorry i didnt mean to tick anybody off
    The post was not directly aimed at you, so no apology needed.

I would just like everyone to realize that this kinda stuff is ruining our hobby. I have even been responcible for posting similar stuff in the past....but it will never happen again.

Videos and photos of "when snakes attack" and irresponsible people that own reptiles are KILLING this hobby......and I don't really think it is a good idea to support any of it by spreading it around.
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks

The post was not directly aimed at you, so no apology needed.

I would just like everyone to realize that this kinda stuff is ruining our hobby. I have even been responcible for posting similar stuff in the past....but it will never happen again.

Videos and photos of "when snakes attack" and irresponsible people that own reptiles are KILLING this hobby......and I don't really think it is a good idea to support any of it by spreading it around.
    Well said Daniel!

Thanks

if the new LA bill gets passed....in order to own any constrictor (like even a rosy boa), I am going to have to let the government in my home to inspect everything and purchase a permit for each animal....every year....and it is pictures of man eating snakes and talk of how they kill people and their animals that are driving this bill...

Legislators like this because its also a great way for the government to get extra revenue from the permit fees.....in fact that probably the real reason why so many of them are for it! And it easy to enact on a population that loves their dogs, and knows nothing about reptiles....

There can be little doubt that the number of people killed in this coutry from dogs vastly outnumbered those evenly seriously injured by any reptile....

Heck it seems like every month if you watch a tidbit of local news almost anywhere you see rotweilier
    or pit-ball disfiguring someone for life.....I think extra permits for these animals are more warranted than permits for most snakes/reptiles

....please stop the spread of this kind of material that is harmful to our hobby
    I am not for censorship......however, because in the long run its education about reptiles and reason that makes people un-fearful of snakes.....

Personally, I don’t think anyone expect zoos, museums, and research facilities should own a hot snake or a snake as big as an anaconda.....these animals belong in the wild.
    ~ 1.0.0 Python regius ~ Wild-type ~
    ~
    1.0.0 Canis familiaris ~ Blue Italian Greyhound ~

~ 0.0.9 Danio rerio~ Wild-type and Glofish

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast