Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,158

2 members and 3,156 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

NEED help with 2 dragons and food

i need some help from a dragon expert. i have two beardies. 1 male and 1 female both 1yr and 3 mths old. i really need someone's help i need to know how much they should weigh. i seem to be having a problem with them eating. i have tried almost everything and they are just so picky. they absolutely hate crickets and i just dont know what to do anymore. my male weighs 330grams and my female weighs 414. i read somewhere that they should be at least 500 grams. is this true? what can i do to increase their weight? please who ever can help me i need advice.

Thanks

Smile Re: NEED help with 2 dragons and food

There are several other alternatives to crickets. Pet stores have dragon food that they sell. they're like dragon pellets and some are specifically for youngins. these have all the nutrients that a baby bierdie needs. another option, and my favorite, is salads. If you cut up Kale (very imp.), apples, squash, zuccini and mix it up and let that set in a dish your babies might eat that. my dragon is two years old and set in his ways so he'll only eat the pellets if I mix them up in his salad or he's very hungry. A salad also should be combined with crickets once your dragons will eat them. If you are determined to use pellets and are unsuccessful at first try mixing it in a salad or soaking them in water or apple juice. remember if you make a salad to use a veriety of fruits and veggies and to STAY AWAY from citrus fruits. also, be careful to limit carrots to special treats. too much can be deadly but they love it (not too much unlike chocolate). as with all food, salads should be cut up so that no piece is bigger than the dragons mouth. the babies may not feel comfertable attacking a cricket untill its larger. so that is my advice and I hope you find some combination that works. best of luck

Thanks

Re: NEED help with 2 dragons and food

i breed beardies and i have never seen a dragon that would not eat crickts. what type of an enclosure are they in? what are the temps on the hot side and the cool? how big are the crickts you are trying to feed. all dragons love a good plate of babby spinich and romain leatus. (sprinkled with vitamin powder.) and put some small wax worms in the salad. i mean small and this is only till they get eating well then swich to meal worms as wax worms are fatty. try that to get there appatite going. if that dosent work i would suggest takeing them to a vet. sometimes i mean sometimes the problem is in lighting. if you only have a bright side with lights and a cool dark side. this is not good. i recomend a florescent uvb bulb that runs the length of the enclosure.

fish