Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,799

2 members and 2,797 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

First BRB feeding in my care...........

I have had my BRB's for almost a week and as it is my normal feeding schedule to feed every thursday with my other babies, I Fed my BRB's as well. The male who is only 21 inches long took a large Mouse and took it hard. My Female took 3 super large mice and was very agressive in the strike for each. She acted like she hadnt eaten in months. She is just over 5 foot long. I also fed my daughters new baby corns and they did well as well. they took a very large fuzzy each.

I knew that the BRB's would strike but I was not prepared for the strength of it. especially the female. All I can say is thank god for forsepts........lol

How much should my female be eating and how often. Also for the male. I did a little handling before the feeding and they seem to have settled in very well. no running away just nicely sitting there and using my arm as a tree limb.......lol

Regards,
    Beauty the BP

Thanks

Re: First BRB feeding in my care...........

Whatever you do, don't overfeed BRBs. A single appropriate sized prey item per week is sufficient. Since they are kept at lower temps they digest slower than other snakes.

Thanks

Re: First BRB feeding in my care...........

Wasnt overfeeding. She hadnt eaten a proper meal in a bit. The guy that owned her only did what I call a pet store feed. just enough to get by and she wasnt the most friendly snake there. She ate 3 medium to large mice. And the male ate one, SHe is currently in her humid hide digesting. it is 88 degrees in there cool one is 76. and ambient is 85.

I will see how she is tomorrow as im not going near the tank for 2 days........lol

Regards,
    Beauty the BP