Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,703

1 members and 1,702 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Question NEEDED or UNNECESSARY?? Opinions....

I've already searched the site and only found 3 hits for the VitaSpray and nothing for the Rep Cal.

I rec'd some of each when I first got Baby and used the spray religiously w/her but only occas. for P Snake and Wrigley and I haven't yet for Kish & the other additions to the family.

Is it necessary for health? I know it has vitamins in it that can be absorbed, but do I need to use it?

What about the Rep Cal powder? I never got a chance to use it with Baby because I had a hard enough time just getting her to EAT ANYTHING, that by the time I thought about it, she'd already had her prey, and then I forgot the next time, yadda yadda yadda.

None of my current snakes have had it. The prey are FT or FAT live, so do I need to start dusting the tail ends when the snakes eating or while it's still preoccupied during "killing" so they get the xtra calcium?

Thanks for your answers and opinions. I look forward to hearing from you and partaking of your wisdom.

RuLyn
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

Thanks

Re: NEEDED or UNNECESSARY?? Opinions....

Nope.. no vitamins, powders, etc needed. Who do you think is dusting the wild mammals that snakes eat? A rodent is a complete meal with everything the snake needs.

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

You do not need any supplements with ball pythons.
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks

So I'm probably not going to need it for ANY of my snakes, right? Even the little "worm" Oreo has eaten basically every time I've tried to feed her, and the vet said that even w/Kish's liquid poo, that should improve after she starts eating fur and more bone instead of the pinkies. < Fecal on Kishnah was clean. >

Thanks....That's what I thought.

R.

So I should just save my "supplements" money and get another snake!
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sweety314
    So I should just save my "supplements" money and get another snake!
    Sounds like a good idea.

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

We've never used any supplement with any of our BP's, the Milksnake or the BCI. Our vet has never mentioned we should and I trust her implicitly. I do, however, make sure all the snakes eat the best possible quality rats/mice/rabbits/GP's as I figure since that is their whole intake right there. Healthy, well fed, well cared for prey animals have got to help make a healthy snake right?
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

I use vitaspray to spray down my snakes occasionally. It really seems to help with their sheds, especially those that have had bad sheds in the past. It really seems to work for me, but like others have said it is not required. I don't use any type of vitamin powders or food supplements.
    "Wild" Bill Hicok

Wild Bill's Ball Pythons

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill
    I use vitaspray to spray down my snakes occasionally. It really seems to help with their sheds, especially those that have had bad sheds in the past. It really seems to work for me, but like others have said it is not required. I don't use any type of vitamin powders or food supplements.
    In my experience, spraying them with plain water does the same trick
    -Brad

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elevatethis
    In my experience, spraying them with plain water does the same trick
    Well actually no, thats like saying water does the same trick as beer. This product softens and revitalises them, if you ever use it you will be able to tell the difference. It actually makes their colors brighter. I have been using this product for 14 or 15 years, this is sprayed on and rubbed in to moisten.
    "Wild" Bill Hicok

Wild Bill's Ball Pythons

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill
    Well actually no, thats like saying water does the same trick as beer. This product softens and revitalises them, if you ever use it you will be able to tell the difference. It actually makes their colors brighter. I have been using this product for 14 or 15 years, this is sprayed on and rubbed in to moisten.
    In this case bud i think it works. The only thing that causes bad sheds is lack of humidity. If the cage is humid, there is really nothing else that can cause a shed to become flaked or stuck.

I guess this is just a matter of opinion, but my snake has had nothing but perfect sheds and i never bothered to use that product.
    0.1.0 BP { NyXx }

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast