Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,158

0 members and 3,158 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Wink I need some husbandry tips for Viper Boas

Hey everybody,
    I was recently given a Pacific Viper Boa that is in sort of bad condition. I would have to say that the snake is actually a rescue Boa. She has a slight respiratory infection, judging by the faint wheeze and popping sound she is making - her skin looks very dull ( her former keeper was maintaining her in very dry conditions - if I am correct, this species needs more humidity than the average Boa species. So far she has nailed me about 7 times - she has a nasty temper but I am an accomodating SnakeDaddy and I no longer trip when I get bitten by a snake. This snake needs work on her I think. I have upped her temp to about 90 degrees in her hot spot and I am encouraging her to soak in her dish along with upping the humidity level for her. This is rather a challenge for me to save this Boa. She is very evil looking ( I love it....... ) and prehistoric....she has a tendency to wave around looking for something to bite ( hahahaha ) but if allowed to she will settle down and wrap around my hand very snugly and sit there for as long as I want. As a matter of fact, she is wrapped around my left arm as I am typing these words. I would appreciate any info that all you guys and gals out there could give me about this species.......thankyou in advance and I am sure that " Monquifa " thanks you too....

The EyeLashViper

Thanks

Re: I need some husbandry tips for Viper Boas

I found this after googling "viper boa". The info seems a bit vague, but may be a good starting point...hope it helps.

http://www.centralpets.com/animals/r...s/snk2758.html
    1.0 BP; Sir Hiss (I have a cartoon problem)
    0.1 Blizzard Corn; Princess Fiona (Gaelic=white, fair)
    4.0 Yellow Labs; Drake, Goose, Mojo, Buddy
    1.1 Scarlet Macaws; Ace, Duece
    3.0 American Bison; Death, Danny, Bambi
    10.10 Race Horses (number changes a lot)

Thanks

Smile Re: I need some husbandry tips for Viper Boas

Hey John how's your viper boa doing now?
    I hope it's better!
    Penney

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: I need some husbandry tips for Viper Boas

Penney,
    So far so good...he skins appearance is improving and starting to look more shiny and healthy than it did before.I have been soaking her daily in shed ease and maintaining her in a more humid enviroment. She has also appeared to get over the slight RI that she had. Her temper is also improving and she hase ceased to bite me ....still though.....you should see the bite marks on my wrists, she nailed me good about five or six times !!!! so that is my update on the Viper Boa for ya.....
    TheEyeLashViper