Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,951

3 members and 1,948 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Menelas (42)

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Possible Hets

Thanks

Possible Hets

I've been pondering the next steps as far as our albino project using Malachi our 100% het for Albino male. Now of course I'd love to run right out and buy a female 100% het to match to Mal but budgets being budgets....

What do you all think of buying a group of possible het albino females? I've heard it's not a bad thing to prove out some females and I figure if they are just normals, they are still females so what's the real loss right? Now of course, you have to locate a reliable breeder and I've been told it's smartest to buy all the females in the same clutch to try and up the odds that even one will prove out.

Guess my question is where does one locate a decent breeder that would have possible albino het females? I've looked around and found squat really online or perhaps I'm not looking in the right place? Is it a waste of time to try to prove out possible hets? Should I just be patient and save up for the 100% het for albino female?

Advice, ideas, ponderings and musings welcome folks.....
    ~~Joanna~~

They call me Emilius LOL Emilio's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 1,004 Posts

Re: Possible Hets

I might buy my 100%hetalbino female next month , but I was also lookin to buy some possible het's and found nothing.Hopefully this thread will shed some light , I'd rather go the cheaper route.

Thanks

poss hets girls are great way to make morphs and save some! i've got several poss het girls, if one of them proves that covers the cost for the whole group. worst case i've got some breeder girls for co-dom projects.

vaughn

Thanks

Exactly Vaughn! My problem is actually locating any possible het females from anyone I'd trust to actually give me the straight scoop on them. We can wait till this fall, breed Mal to our own normal females and hopefully produce some of our own possible het for albino females to raise up but I'm thinking if I can find some a bit older it will speed things up just a bit that way. I also like the idea of proving them out...kind of a nice gamble in some ways.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

It's Awesome when possie's prove out!!

Thanks

I'd guess that some good breeders (Adam? Graziani? SK? NERD? RDR? etc.) may have some possible albino hets coming this season. You might think about contacting them now ahead of time and ask if they potentially have poss albino hets coming, etc. =)
    0.1 ball python (Cleo), 0.1 surinam bcc (Carmen)
    1.0 sunglow motley corn (Jenson), 1.0 albino burmese (Lourdes)
    1.0 cat (Nicky), some mooses and ratters, 1.0 hubby (Rick)

Thanks

going to shows,online forums are great ways to meet breeders. you have to build a relationship and really trust someone when it comes to possible hets. do some networking and make some phone calls to breeders. alot of people will have more than what they list on their site or ads.

vaughn

Thanks

I would just start checking with the breeders you know with a good name. Top Shelf Exotics had something where you bought 5 or more poss hets and If you didn't get any morphs after 2 breeding seasons they would buy them back for 125%.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greenmonkey51
    I would just start checking with the breeders you know with a good name. Top Shelf Exotics had something where you bought 5 or more poss hets and If you didn't get any morphs after 2 breeding seasons they would buy them back for 125%.
    The only problem there is you dont know who produced the animals. They wholesale balls. I dont think they even breed balls.

Thanks

building the relationships and trust is the key ingredient. with those intact you don't need a guarantee or papers. paperwork is only as good as the person who wrote them.

vaughn

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast