Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 675

1 members and 674 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

Question A. stimsoni Care????

Hoooo-kay...

Googling only brought up four caresheets for the Stimson's. Right now he's fine tuned to 85 cool, 90 warm, 50% humidity and loooooooooooves to curl up on top of his warm hide. Very active. Tried escaping, but was caught by the tail. Despite precautions, the little turd tagged me twice while getting him "freed" and putting him back into his new home...and he had only been home a day! But it looks like the Stimson's Python isn't as common and I want to be sure. He's also in a tub until I can get another (better) cage.

Since he's Aussie, should I go warmer like the balls, or a touch cooler like Wrigley's?

April...Any suggestions for fine tuning???? Once he's out of hands-off land, I'll be booking appts to the vet for him, Oreo and CeCe. (And weights on my new scale. )

All my others have had wellness checks and fecals...no worms...especially Kish, since she squirted the vet. (and the table, and into the vet's eyeglasses case)... Ewwwwwwwwwwwww
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

Thanks

Re: A. stimsoni Care????

I'm not April, but here is a post on how I set mine up, from another discussion on Antaresia.

HTH!

K~
    Kara L. Norris
    The Blood Cell - BloodPythons.com
    Selectively-bred bloods & short-tailed pythons
    Quality is our only filter.

Thanks

Re: A. stimsoni Care????

Not trying to slight anyone....I just recognize that April had the greatest diversity of species in her collection...

K: Thanks!! This helps quite a bit...telling me I'm not needing the finer details like the balls. So far, so good. Kaa seems to be content but the clincher will be if he eats for me on Sat. He's over 18" long, so I don't know (yet for wt.) whether he's juvie, sub-adult or aaaaaaaall grown up...but he's eating rat pups/fuzzies according to the seller.

*Whew!!!!* No braining here!!!!!!!!!

I'm debating on changing his name to Felix, because of his eyes. Saving Kaa for one of my bigguns when I get it!
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06