Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,894

0 members and 1,894 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2

Thread: Herps Etc

Thanks

Herps Etc

I was talking with Carson Phelps, uses the name Herps Etc on kingsnake. Seems like a great guy, Ive probably talked to him for an hour in the last few days.

I have never purchased a snake online before, so it makes my reference list fairly short. He provided several references to businesses he deals with including David Breen of Wonderful World Pet Suppliers in california. Got a great reference for him from there.

He has 2 threads on him in the BOI, but they each look like they were both addressed and the situations rectified. He has been dealing in reptiles for several years online (kingsnake, and other accounts dated at 2-3 years old).

If anyone has any experience with him please let me know. I am leaning towards dealing with him due to references, talking with him, all the time he has spent talking with me, the fact that he only ships delta and insured, etc. He also provided me with cell + home phone + address right away.

As far as standard protocol for payment, what is the most common form? He takes PO money orders and paypal checking account funds (said that people reversing CC's keeps him from using that feature). I of course want to use CC because of the protection it adds for me. Are there any other forms of payment that are safest for both parties involved? I would do a F2F if I could, but 900 miles away.

Just sending out feelers for advice, experiences, etc.

Thanks

Re: Herps Etc

Not sure if this will be helpful...

but when using paypal, I know I can use my credit card to make a payment. Not sure whether you can specify and use the process he says he takes only or not.

Furthermore, after reading the threads on him, I personally would not deal with him. He never made an attempt to post in either to help fix the problem, muchless save his rep. When he could have. I would not trust him with my money.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks

if you want to use your cc, find a breeder that will process. most that i know can/will do that. ask yourself why does he have reversals on cc payments? hmm.

vaughn

Thanks

From what I could tell by talking to him and another, he wasnt made aware of the thread on the BOI so he didn't respond to them. One entire thread was based on an issue where there was a shipping problem, and when it was all said and done he 2nd day'ed it instead of overnighting it, and that caused the entire thread to be created and closed within 1 day.

I am always wary of people online, and I think I would be a lot more confident if he accepted credit card.

Thanks

In the thread that is on the first page of the BOI about him there are 4 posts from people who had business dealings with him. Three out of the four stated they would never do business with him again. I guess you have to decide if a 25% approval rate is good enough for you.....
    Sam Mounts
    Gecko Den

Thanks

Unless its a realy great deal or a rare reptile, why even take the chance. Go with a proven seller.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by greenmonkey51
    Unless its a realy great deal or a rare reptile, why even take the chance. Go with a proven seller.
    This is usually an indication when NOT to go with an unknown...especially one who has multiple negative hits on BOI. A "great deal on a rare reptile" is liable to turn into a ripoff or a stolen animal.

I am NOT saying Herps Etc would do either of those things (I know nothing about them and am not passing judgement)...just that in general, a negative reputation is reason to RUN AWAY from that "great deal"...
    -- Judy

Thanks

herps Etc.

856-466-1746

I made a deal with him to sell my collection to him... He said he had money problems and asked if i could wait a couple weeks.. so i did .. Passing up on other offers i waited. he would not answer his phone.. when i did get with him he hung up on me. so not answering his phone or emails. I feel sorry for him.
    I guess I might deal with him if i lived in the same town.. but to trust him states away ... NO WAY.. So hopefully he is a trust worthy guy and will do his customers good. but he disrespected me and was a waste of my time. so good luck if you deal with him....

Thanks
    Carson lives about a half hour from me and I've dealt with him on multiple occasions over the last 7 years or so. He and his animals are both great. It would absolutely be in your best interest to deal with him.

Thanks
    I purchased a 2010 male Lavendar albino possible het pied from Carson this summer. Carson's was extremely professional, friendly and exceeded my expectations of a seller. He went out of his way to ship "delta dash" at no extra cost to me and even went so far to drive 2 hours one way to drive to nearest airport that had a direct flight to me. The lavender arrived perfectly and has done great since then.