Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,383

0 members and 1,383 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Dead Set on BRB...A few ?'s

Ok after doing research for the past month or so. I have decided on a BRB. Currently I have a Ball, 7ft JCP, Corn and a Florida pine. I think I'm ready for the next level. Originally I was gonna get a RTB, but decided not to. But before I get him/her last nite I set up his/her tub and heat. The tub is a 50qt rubbermaid and flexwatt with therostat for heat. As of now the temps are at 76 cool side and 83 on the warm side and humidity is at 75. Are the temps and humidity ok or do I need to adjust them. Want things perfect first, no guessing. By the way I'll be getting a baby. How long do you think it'll be comfortable in this tub size. This summer I'll be purchasing nice display cages(AP, Boaphile or Barrs, haven't decide which one yet) for all my snakes. Any other info and experience that yoou could give me would be much appreciated. I think I've read every caresheet there is available out there. The whole thing about them being sensitive to heat and humidity just worries the crap out of me.

Thanks

Re: Dead Set on BRB...A few ?'s

http://www.newenglandreptile.com/CareBRB.html

This is a great caresheet. Your warm side needs to be a touch higher. They are a tough snake to keep. You must check the temps twice a day at least. Good luck and enjoy, they are excellent snakes.