Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,842

1 members and 2,841 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

And the NEWEST member of our family!!!!

OK heres the story... we went to Walmart, and were talking to the cashier, told her we had 3 ferrets. She asked if we wanted another one.... explained he was very young, but "he is evil and mean" were her exact words. Well, seeing as though we have alot of experience with ferrets, I figured it was a case of him being young. So I questioned her why he was "evil and mean", she said he bites and we cant even get in the cage to clean or water or feed without getting bitten! So I smiled sweetly, and asked her how much she wanted for him... the answer was ..."come and get him..and he is FREE". Free being my favorite price, especially for such a young animal, we ofcourse jumped on it! Right now he has no name.... we brought him home, and he does bite, but he is not "evil and mean" he is just a baby who has been allowed to bully his past humans.... we are now working on re-socializing him and such.. to be honest, he is not really a major biter and I suspect we will have him broken of the biting by next weekend at the latest. One of our other ferrets came to us as a biter who was not well socialized, he was broken of that pretty quick and turned out to be a wonderful member of our family. So...3 + 1 = 4! Yes we now have 4 ferrets. This should really get interesting when they are all out at the same time. LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks

Re: And the NEWEST member of our family!!!!

Aw.. so adorable, Jeanne! Tell me.. do all ferrets act like they are drunk when they are out playing? bumping into walls, doing backflips, and that sort of thing? It's so endearing..

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

Yep they all seem to act that way! I love them becuse they play like a kitten, but unlike kittens that grow up and lose thier constant playfulness, these guys KEEP it. They are goofy little fellows.
    *Jeanne*

Thanks

That's neat. I might have to get one or two when I have my own house (mom doesn't like ferret smell)

April

Thanks

Ours dont smell really, they themselves have a slight musky type smell, but it is not aweful or anything..but you dont want to meet a ferret that has not been fixed and decented..those are just NASTY! We also use a waterless shampoo (powder stuff) on them once a month, and bath (real bath) once every six months or so... but even then, not very often.

The only real smell I have ever noticed with ferrets comes from filthy litter box.. and ours is not. My hubby and I cannot stand litter box smell, so he keeps it very clean.
    *Jeanne*

Thanks

The ferret smell doesn't bother me.. reminds me of faint musk perfume. My cousin has a ferret she adopted that I just adore.

April

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Oohhhh, that is just TOO cute!! How well do ferrets adjust to a new one coming into their territory?
    -- Judy

Thanks

Mine have never seemed to mind at all. In fact, I think that they figure it is just another "friend" to cuddle and play with. Not sure about others, but in all the years I have owned ferrets (over 15) I have never had any issues bringing in new ferrets.
    *Jeanne*

Thanks

Adorable Jeanne! I love working with the new baby ferrets at work...they all go through a nippy stage, but like you said if worked with when young it can be broken quickly. They are such great characters, and have a blast just exploring. The smell does not really even bother me, the less you give them a real bath, the more they smell. I really love the waterless shampoo that you mentioned it works wonders.
    Have fun with the new addition!

Jason
    Jason

Thanks

Awwh, very cute!! I love it when Ferrets fall asleep best... they nap all over each other in the most adorable positions. Very cute, I'm glad he found such a good home.
    ~Sheree~

Because Snakes are Beautiful!
    http://www.bluegorgon.com/

4.1 snakes so far (Gomez, Falkor, Ma-tsu, Neptune, Irwin)
    2.1 house rabbits (Daphne, Bowie, Unut)
    0.1 Jeweled Lacerta (Dana)
    In loving memory of Cleo
    1989-2007

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast