Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,617

1 members and 1,616 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Thread: Judas Eats

Thanks

Judas Eats

Today I offered a small f/t rat to my male (Judas). I left the rat in his enclosure as usual and watched as I do sometimes. Judas usually enjoys to strike at his prey before eating it but this time he did a bit of smelling and looking around before he just, without striking it at all, found the head and began to swallow. When I was watching him I kind of felt like in his head he was thinking "Why waste time killing this guy if he's already dead, Guess I'll just eat". Thought it was kind of funny. Maybe it's common, I don't know, first time I see him do that.

Thanks

Re: Judas Eats

Yep I've seen the same thing when some of our BP's were on f/t, sometimes they'd do the whole constrict and kill the already dead prey, sometimes they'd just snarf it down. One of our females literally opened her mouth and just slurped it up right off the hemostats - very surprising to me at the time LOL

I would guess since they have well honed instincts that sometimes they just figure "oh what the heck it's dead...time to eat!" and occasionally skip the constriction step (though most of ours did constrict their warmed up f/t prey anyways).

~~Jo~~
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Re: Judas Eats

Mr. Fuzzy ate two small fuzzies today.

first one he didnt really show any interest in until the mouse poked its head between to parts of his body... and then he just squeezed, no biting, no nothing, the mouse hung himself.

the second one he struck at after sniffing around for a while.

he seemed to be hunting for a third, but we only had two, so we let him rest in a hide, and then put him back in his cage.