Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,073

0 members and 3,073 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: The Shedding Process

It's not so much you shouldn't feed them while they are in shed.

It's more that some of them are less likely to eat at that time and skipping that feed will do them no harm.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

Thank you so much!!!

Thanks

Red face Re: The Shedding Process

Our female Darla shed about 3 weeks ago. She's so gentle she let my husband and I handle her with no problems. Dopey Doughnut, our newest addition, freaked when I soaked him. They told us at Petsmart that both snakes had just shed... don't know whether to believe them or not. Dopey was very thin, but the other ball was thinner. Well two weeks ago Dopey started to get darker and his eyes got cloudy. He started becoming shyer and would freak at the slightest thing poor boy. I had to soak him with a rag cause as soon as my little doughnut's tail touched the warm water he freaked and went head first into the water! It wasn't deep just a CM but all the same... he was going ballistic (poor little guy) Anyway... I soaked a rag in the warm water and repti-shed wrapped him up and just pet him. Then after about 15 minutes I put him back in the terrarium.
    Darla is a sweetheart and will let you do anything... Dopey is one very shy jittery little boy. Love both my snakes though.
    Last edited by Celebrindal; 08-16-2013 at 12:51 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Just to clarify you don't soak them before they shed - just get the humidity right in the enclosure for them.
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

I am soo thankful for this article!! I was terrified and thinking that we were doing something wrong when his belly started turning redish pink, his eyes started turning blueish and he stopped coming out. I was thinking he was getting burned somehow, or had something worse going on. I feel waay more confident about what is going on now, and i know what to expect so thank you for all the details and pix!!

Thanks

Hello guys, this morning I found out that my BP had its first shed, since he's been with me. I checked him out, and there seems to be no remaining unshed skin on his body, which I suppose is good, however, when I pulled out the shed of his enclosure it was one long piece of shed skin from his body and the second piece which was from his head. I don't know, whether he might have torn his shed or if this is a bad sign when it comes to shedding. He probably shed in his hide because I found it all in his hide. Since he has been hiding for last 4-5 days I did not even know he is going to shed.

The humidity is still kept around 60-70%.
    Pls give me your opinions about this.

Thank you very much ;-)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by metalsmoker View Post
    Hello guys, this morning I found out that my BP had its first shed, since he's been with me. I checked him out, and there seems to be no remaining unshed skin on his body, which I suppose is good, however, when I pulled out the shed of his enclosure it was one long piece of shed skin from his body and the second piece which was from his head. I don't know, whether he might have torn his shed or if this is a bad sign when it comes to shedding. He probably shed in his hide because I found it all in his hide. Since he has been hiding for last 4-5 days I did not even know he is going to shed.

The humidity is still kept around 60-70%.
    Pls give me your opinions about this.

Thank you very much ;-)
    Sometimes it doesn't come off in one perfect piece, no big deal! As long as it all comes off.
    ~Steffe

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaorte For This Useful Post:

metalsmoker (09-29-2013)

Thanks

shedding

thanks for the info and video, i am new to ownership of my ball python he is going through his first shedding process since ive had him, its feeding time but after reading what you have on here im leery of trying to. he looks like a wrinkled old man at the moment is that normal ? because he stays under his small log.and im not sure on the humidity and how to get it humid enough in there. his water is full and hes got a tree in there, i have him in a 55 gallon. any help or ideas from you or anyone i would appreciate it . email garrin1@hotmail.com

Thanks
    Thanks alot I hope it helps me

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kaorte View Post
    Sometimes it doesn't come off in one perfect piece, no big deal! As long as it all comes off.
    My guy just shed it didn't come off in one piece,came off in 3 pieces. One really large piece and a couple smaller pieces. But not a piece of shed left on him.

as for feeding obviously I won't feed him while he is literally shedding his skin but I will after or the day before,he always eats ( knock on wood). He's a pig
    Last edited by NYHC4LIFE8899; 11-10-2013 at 03:32 AM.

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast