Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,195

3 members and 3,192 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: Losing Weight

Thanks

Losing Weight

I've asked before about it, but I've weighed my male for the last 3 weeks and hes lost 3.5 grams. The seller said hes 2 years old but hes only 34g. What should I do now. I can't tell if hes eating the CGD, he seemed to eat the crickets the other day. I've seen only a few defecations. I would like to get a fecal done on him but Im gone for the next 10 days.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,322 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Losing Weight

34 grams isn't necessarily a bad weight for an adult male. males tend to be smaller and leaner than females. do you know if he ate cgd before you got him? if he is eating crickets that is a good sign. he may have slowed down a little if it is cooler now than where he was before. cooler temps cause slower metabolism and therefore they will eat less.

do you have someone to take care of him while you are away? make sure he is staying hydrated and try mixing some baby food in with the cgd if you haven't already to get him started on it.
    - Emily

Thanks

Re: Losing Weight

They said he was eating a variety of things including CGD. I think he actually did eat some CGD last night but I barely checked his feed bowl. I do have someone taking care of them, I'll give them specific instructions to mist him heavily. They're going to do the bare minimum, which sucks though since I've been making some real progress with everyone. So hopefully they can maintain weight. Once I get back, I can ramp everything up and start putting some serious weight on everyone. The temp is decent now, about 73. Thats the highest I can go before I start getting hot in my bedroom.