She/he is really my daughter's Sav and we got he about 4 weeks ago now. She chose the calmest one there (one of them was like a psycho ) He is called Tiny and seems to be settling in OK, loves chasing crix and locusts and eats the mice we give him. At first he hid away a lot and legged it for his hides the minute we peeked into the room where he was, but we transferred him from Kat's room downstairs where he gets used to seeing people more so now he doesn't hide away so quickly and will come out and mooch around while we are there.

Still not a great fan of being handled, he'll pull back and wriggle like hell for a minute or two till calmed down. Has pooped on us a few times but has never tried for biting (hope he's not saving that one up till he's a big confident monitor LOL!) The reptile guy seemed to think he may have just bypassed the biting stage and gone on to the pooping state (which he doesn't do now). Once he's calmed down he'll allow head petting and has even fallen asleep on us.

I am wondering how many people should interact with him like getting him out and stuff at the moment? Kat and I don't have problem with him, but when our other daughter (15) tries to get him out he tail-whips her and puffs his neck up and opens his mouth. Is it a good idea to get him used to other people at this early stage or just let him bond with us 2 first?