Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 538

0 members and 538 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Becoming FedEx Certified....

Quote Originally Posted by daniel1983
    Becoming FedEx Certified

The process of becoming a qualified reptile shipper with FedEx is very simple. I have compiled a list to take people through the process.

1. Set up a FedEx account. Setting up an account is very simple. Go to http://www.fedex.com/us/ and click the ‘Open an account’ link. Follow the directions provided. Make sure you write down you account number because you will need it in the following steps.

2. Find your FedEx account representative. I did this by calling 1-800-GO-FEDEX. You will need to say. …TECHNICAL SUPPORT…REP. You will understand that when you make the call. Ask the representative to have your FedEx account representative call you. Then wait for the call. You will not be able to really do anything at this point, but make sure you get the contact info and fax number of your representative. You will need this information later after you get your test package results back.

3. Prepare your shipping box for inspection and testing. You will need to set up a box identical to the way you would set it up for shipping a reptile (but without the reptile). An over box can be used to protect you box, just be sure to write OVER BOX on the outer box.

4. Download this application and fill it out appropriately. http://www.fedex.com/us/services/pdf...pplication.pdf

5. Contact FedEx Packaging Design and Development Services at 1-800-633-7019 and get the account number that will pay for the test package shipping. You do not have to pay to have the test package shipped, so this call can save you some money.

6. Now you just have to wait to receive your test results. If you pass, call your FedEx account representative. The rep will ask you to fax them a copy of the paper saying that you have passed(or in most cases they will already have it). From this point, the rep will take care of getting the appropriate legal paperwork together. You will not be 'verified' to ship the reptiles until you sign these legal documents.

7. Once you receive the paperwork, you will have to sign your name a few places then send it back to your rep. Your rep should then notify you when everything has went through and you are approved.
    I had a couple more questions, just so I can get eveything right once i fill out the application and contact packing design to get the account number thats paying for it... where do i ship the box to? also if i put a overbox do i put the application on the inner box or the outter.. also on the application do you fill it out pretending there is a reptile in it (value, product, weight) or do you do the box itself's value and packaging contents? thanks
    - Jon

Thanks

I actually didn't call to get the account number...I got instructions from Fauna and it neglected this fact. My account rep. told me it was to no charge on me. I just checked the Bill Recipient box on the form. According to tracking they have the package and my account hasn't been billed yet! Let's hope it stays that way ^_^
    (Formerly HadesBP18)
    1.0 Spider: Artemas
    1.0 Mojave coming soon!
    0.1 High Contrast Albino coming soon!
    1.1 Pastels: Hyperion and Theia (DSD Pastel girl coming soon!)
    1.0 BCI: Kozma

RIP Kalypso 11/13/13

Lobo Reptiles

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daniel1983
    Becoming FedEx Certified

The process of becoming a qualified reptile shipper with FedEx is very simple. I have compiled a list to take people through the process.
    Great job on this thread! I just went through all the steps and am now certified to ship. You do have to jump through a lot of hoops. I happened to get an account rep with a super sense of humor and she worked really hard for me. The only money out of my pocket was the price I paid to buy my test shipping box, other than that it was free, just make sure when you ship your test package you use there account number, they will give it to you if you ask.
    Brian
    1.5 BP (Nani, Aphrodite, Achilles, Ciabella, Aurora, Sapphire)
    0.2 BCI (Kaiser, Medusa)
    0.1 Dumerils Boa (Nefertiti)
    0.1 Mexican Black Kingsnake (Ambrosia)
    1.0 Blood Python (Sakari)
    1.1 Burmese Python (Zeus, Ajax)
    www.bncsnakes.com

Thanks

Re: How to become FedEx Certified to ship reptiles....

I am pry being too anal but I just started the process and had a couple of quick questions.

1. I noticed that the boxes recommended say they are perishable but not that they contain harmless reptiles...do you have to add a sticker or write on the box that it contains a reptile?

2. On the form for the packaging certification it asks for the model of what is in the box...did you write it was a reptile or something similar?

3. Finally when you sent in the box did you include anything in the snake bag or just the bag? Just wondering if weight is an issue or what they are really looking at?

Thanks
    Sean

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lord jackel
    I am pry being too anal but I just started the process and had a couple of quick questions.

1. I noticed that the boxes recommended say they are perishable but not that they contain harmless reptiles...do you have to add a sticker or write on the box that it contains a reptile?

2. On the form for the packaging certification it asks for the model of what is in the box...did you write it was a reptile or something similar?

3. Finally when you sent in the box did you include anything in the snake bag or just the bag? Just wondering if weight is an issue or what they are really looking at?

Thanks
    I have been a Fedex verified shipper for quite awhile and the best answers I can give are-
    1.Write on the outside of the box "Live Harmless Reptile"
    2.Once again-live harmless reptile, heat/cold pack, stryofoam, shredded paper, and snake bag/container.
    3.I put some shredded paper in the bag to give it some shape.(Make sure the bag or container is securely closed.) They are just looking at it.

Hope this helps. I was very nervous myself but the process is quite simple.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daniel1983 View Post
    Becoming FedEx Certified

1. Set up a FedEx account. Setting up an account is very simple. Go to http://www.fedex.com/us/ and click the ‘Open an account’ link. Follow the directions provided. Make sure you write down you account number because you will need it in the following steps.

2. Find your FedEx account representative. I did this by calling 1-800-GO-FEDEX. You will need to say. …TECHNICAL SUPPORT…REP. You will understand that when you make the call. Ask the representative to have your FedEx account representative call you. Then wait for the call. You will not be able to really do anything at this point, but make sure you get the contact info and fax number of your representative. You will need this information later after you get your test package results back.

3. Prepare your shipping box for inspection and testing. You will need to set up a box identical to the way you would set it up for shipping a reptile (but without the reptile). An over box can be used to protect you box, just be sure to write OVER BOX on the outer box.

4. Download this application and fill it out appropriately. http://www.fedex.com/us/services/pdf...pplication.pdf

5. Contact FedEx Packaging Design and Development Services at 1-800-633-7019 and get the account number that will pay for the test package shipping. You do not have to pay to have the test package shipped, so this call can save you some money.

6. Now you just have to wait to receive your test results. If you pass, call your FedEx account representative. The rep will ask you to fax them a copy of the paper saying that you have passed(or in most cases they will already have it). From this point, the rep will take care of getting the appropriate legal paperwork together. You will not be 'verified' to ship the reptiles until you sign these legal documents.

7. Once you receive the paperwork, you will have to sign your name a few places then send it back to your rep. Your rep should then notify you when everything has went through and you are approved.
    Do these guidelines still remain fairly simple or are you unaware since you already got yours?
    [It's okay to not know as long as you care enough to learn, thanks for this site B][/B]

Thanks

So how long are you verified once you do the steps. Do you have to do this once a year, 5 years, ???.

Thanks

Just to post an update*

When you are ready to ship your package in, you do not need to call and get an account number for fedex to pay the shipping, you just need to send it 2-day and mark the 'bill to recipient' box.

Cheers,
    Kat

9. The Following User Says Thank You to janeothejungle For This Useful Post:

LunaBalls (11-12-2010)

Thanks

Oh hell. Here's the pictorial to easy packing for your test package....

Step 1: It helps if you're anal and have a designated shipping area

Step 2: Acquire box and gather materials.

Step 3: Prepare box for fake snake.

Step 4: Make realistic fake snake out of a rock wrapped in papertowels. This is not necessary (you could use an empty bag), however, I feel it may add some trepidation on the part of whomever opens the package. It's not nice, but I like it.

Step 5: Place fake snake in box snugly.

Step 6: Place more insulation on top of fake snake.

Step 7: Attach heat/cold pack securely to inside of lid.

Step 8: Close it up

Step 9: Mark the outside. Smiley's help.

Step 10: Take it in to fedex, along with your filled out form. Fill out the waybill and have the fedex guy attach your form to the outside of the box, as well. Bill it to the recipient and go home to wait for the results. If you did everything right, it's gonna be good news.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
    Kat

Thanks

What about airholes so the poor thing can breathe? Or does it get enough air in through gaps in the box?

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast