Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,636

2 members and 2,634 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: How to become FedEx Certified to ship reptiles....

The only place I've found that took packages was my local FedEx Kinkos, they have since told me they dont want to take them anymore.

Im going to have my rep talk to the store next time I talk to him.

But as long as they are cool with it, the strip mall should work fine.

I actually PREFER the local HUB, the central location, because I can drop the package off much later at night. Therefore, the snake spends less time in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by pandp View Post
    Is local hub a central FedEx location or can the small FexEx store in a strip mall work too?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xscorpio View Post
    Its going well. Got a great contact with Fedex who is very knowledgeable about the process and some updated documents to share with you guys once its done. I'm in the process of re-sending my test package....I was missing one piece of tape. Ugh. Other than that, once I found someone who actually knew something about this process (that was challenging), they've been very helpful.
    That's awesome! Let us know if anything has changed and the updated documents. I'm thinking about getting certified.

Are you allowed to share your contact so I could get that person as well or does it not work like that?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ted1025 View Post
    That's awesome! Let us know if anything has changed and the updated documents. I'm thinking about getting certified.

Are you allowed to share your contact so I could get that person as well or does it not work like that?
    I'm working them to figure out what I can publish/link/post here and what I cannot. Some of it would have to go through their legal department, and the rep basically said it would probably be easier for me to just summarize. They actually have a formal doc for reptile shipping which details their exact requirements.

I'll update this all in one summary post, but they also currently do not assign you a specific rep until after your waiver (certification) is complete. Send me a PM and I can start you off in the right direction since I am not done yet, I don't want to make a bunch of partial posts.
    -Eric-

Thanks

Anyone in Illinois FedEx Certified that can give me the name of a good FedEx rep to help me get my certification?

Thanks

Okay, started the process on Wednesday, 6/2...Let's see how long this process takes

Thanks

OMFG!!!!!!

I can not get through to a rep that knows what they are talking about...I talked to 3 different reps and a supervisor and got 3 different answers...The last one, finally gave me the answers that mimiced what was in the thread...

Also, I got 3 calls today and NO ONE LEFT A MESSAGE ON MY PHONE!!! One even hung up on me after I said, "Hello"...

I swear I wish this wasn't my only option...It's beyond frustrating!!!!

Sorry for venting...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pandp View Post
    OMFG!!!!!!

I can not get through to a rep that knows what they are talking about...I talked to 3 different reps and a supervisor and got 3 different answers...The last one, finally gave me the answers that mimiced what was in the thread...

Also, I got 3 calls today and NO ONE LEFT A MESSAGE ON MY PHONE!!! One even hung up on me after I said, "Hello"...

I swear I wish this wasn't my only option...It's beyond frustrating!!!!

Sorry for venting...
    I understand your frustration it took me a bit to find the right person. I'll get you going in the right direction.

You do NOT need to talk to an account rep before sending your test package, in fact...they have changed their business structure somewhat in that new normal accounts do not get account reps. Per Fedex, our accounts will be given a designated rep only AFTER the waiver process has been completed. Don't bother leaving a message for a rep to call you beforehand anymore, its a waste of time and honestly a frustrating wild goose chase.

Here's what you need to do to get started.

Make sure you've established your Fedex account, once you have your account number you can proceed.

Download the Fedex Packaging Test Application from this page.

When completing the shipping information, mark it as "Bill to Recipient". Because Fedex requires this process for shipping live reptiles they do not require the customer to pay for shipping. I even got my first shipping charges reimbursed after getting wrong information the first time around from several people. If they give you any grief at the shipping location, have them call Fedex Packaging Services to confirm (1.800.633.7019). I was not provided an account number to bill to, it was not an issue.

Packaging tips...Make sure you secure everything in the box. If you use bags, knot it securely or use zip ties or tape as a secondary reinforcement. They are requiring secondary security on enclosures now. If you are using deli cups, use tape to secure the deli cup lid, the snap tight lids are not enough on their own. Use an H-pattern on both the top and bottom of the shipping box to secure it (across the seam and the side edges). If you do this, you shouldn't have any issues.

I have a pdf from Fedex called "Live Harmless Reptile Packaging Guidelines". However, Fedex will not give me permission to republish it here for their own legal reasons. If you want a copy of it, PM me with your e-mail address and I"ll gladly e-mail it to you. I'm still trying to get approval from their legal department to post it here though.

Once they get the test package it takes about 7-10 days to get your results via e-mail. They provide a detailed report including pictures of your packaging results and any issues or suggested improvements with the notification. Again, if you would like to see a sample of the report, PM me. I'm expecting the results on my recent retest in the next day or two. But, I have my failed report from a couple of weeks ago for missing the tape on the deli cup (ugh!).

Hope this helps, feel free to contact me with any questions/issues/etc. I'll help however I can.

Eric
    -Eric-

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Twisted Reptiles For This Useful Post:

alohareptiles (06-08-2010),ColdBloodedCarnival (06-09-2010),PythonChick (06-08-2010)

Thanks

Just got my notification that my 2nd test package passsed. Now just waiting on the paperwork and then I'll get a full start to finish revised write-up done here.
    -Eric-

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Reptiles View Post
    Just got my notification that my 2nd test package passsed. Now just waiting on the paperwork and then I'll get a full start to finish revised write-up done here.
    CONGRATS!!!!!! Thank you so much for your help...

Thanks

My test package is off...Just dropped it off at the FedEx store...Time to cross fingers...

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast