Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,794

0 members and 2,794 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My rats

Thanks

My rats

seven weeks ago today i got 2 female rats. One is a rex and one is a normal rat. Midnight is a black blazed birkshire, tounge twister, lol. ( i hope i got the name right!!!) I don't kno what color Jasmine is, but she is a rex and she is also a birkshire. I love them both soooooo much, but they are little houdini's themselves. The naext time i go up to my mom house, i will bring them with me, so they can live up there. I haven't figured out how to post the pics yet, but my mom is going to post them. I hope you enjoy them.
    ~~~Beth~~~
    ~~0.1 Albino Nelson's Milksnake - Emi~~

Registered User The Cannibal Monkey's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: My rats

That's great, I had a pet rat when I was still in high school and they are AWESOME! ^__^ Can't wait to see pics =)

Thanks

Here's Beth's two rats, Midnight and Jasmine. They will join our rat breeding colony and be our future moms and pets as well. Beth's been doing some reading about crossing her rex with an albino male and getting albino rex's which are supposed to be just as cute as anything so we'll see how that turns out (note to me to buy a nice little albino male rat LOL).

This is Midnight....

This is Jasmine....

They will make nice friends for Stubby our other young female who is not quite up to breeding age either. Stubby got her name from the accidental loss of most of her tail when she was a very young pinkie rat. I'll have to get a couple of pics of her, she's quite a cute little Black Hooded rat with a perfect stripe ending in her little stub of a tail.

~~Jo~~
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

They're very cute. Jasmine looks to be agouti colored.

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

Sorry about the 2nd pic...the bottom of my fan broke , so it let dirt out everywhere!!! These were some of the pic i put on my science fair board.
    ~~~Beth~~~

Thanks

When i looked up the albino, rex cross, they said it would look like a little sheep. (thick, white, curly fur, with red eyes!!!) And i thought that would be the cutest rat in the world. I hope it works out. We'll see...
    ~~~Beth~~~

Thanks

[QUOTE=frankykeno]Here's Beth's two rats, Midnight and Jasmine. They will join our rat breeding colony and be our future moms and pets as well. Beth's been doing some reading about crossing her rex with an albino male and getting albino rex's which are supposed to be just as cute as anything so we'll see how that turns out (note to me to buy a nice little albino male rat LOL).

This is Midnight....

This is Jasmine....

Notice the J on her stomach!!!

They will make nice friends for Stubby our other young female who is not quite up to breeding age either. Stubby got her name from the accidental loss of most of her tail when she was a very young pinkie rat. I'll have to get a couple of pics of her, she's quite a cute little Black Hooded rat with a perfect stripe ending in her little stub of a tail.

~~Jo~~
    ~~~Beth~~~

Thanks

White rexes ARE cute. It's fun to see what colors and patterns turn out. lol

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

We've never had a Rex before in our rat colony so it should be rather fun to see what pops out. I did a wee bit of googling on Rex's and just wanted to check that it's okay to breed a Rex to a Rex as long as you aren't showing them as they tend to develop kind of patchy coats as they grow up. Won't hurt at all for feeders but there's no other problems is there other than coat quality.

We are going to be getting a regular Albino male anyways but just checking for down the road. I don't want to accidentally breed anything that isn't a good viable baby rat that will grow into a nice chubby feeder or a nice pet quality one that Beth can sell to her friends or the local pet shop.

~~Jo~~
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Here's Stubby................LOL. She was born here on December 15th. Her tail was damaged when she was only a few days old and simply dried up and fell off.

Stubby's stub moves just like a full tail would. It is funny though when she gets excited and blasts around her cage with her little stub flashing up like a white tail deer LOL.

~~Jo~~
    ~~Joanna~~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast