I'm not going to say who I agreed with in that thread, (although anyone with enough sense would know which way to lean) I think an important issue can be raised.

My question is, is at what point would information regarding morphs i.e. genetic information would that information be considered to be "intellectual property." In the same way that Coca-Cola doesn't want their secret formula released or Microsoft doesn't want their software codes made public, wouldn't the genetic "codes" for certain morphs be protected with some value in order to compete better? It seems like ball python mutations and genetic information seems to go public relatively quick, i was just wondering why that happens.

My inckling to the answer to that question is that releasing the genetic information on certain morphs also happens to add value to them, or at least knowing what kind of return you can realize from the purchase, or investment, into that particular animal.

I guess this is more directed at those like KLG or Adam, I'm just looking for some additional insight into that issue.