Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,459

0 members and 1,459 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,529
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Im so excited!!!!

Today was the first day I have ever fed my new ball python named Scarface, not that he has a scar on his face but because it is my all time favorite movie and actually have a room in my house dedicated to the movie. Anyways I was very nervous to feed for the first time since I was feeding live and was worried something would happen to scarface. I was also holding my breath thinking that he would be a picky eater and not eat for me at first. Well anyways I bought an adult mouse at the store I got him from and set it by the cage so scarface would smell it, I left it there for a little while and when I came back Scarface was partially out of his hide and I noticed the mouse was starting to chew out of the box and was close to escaping, so I opened the cage and set the mouse in the opposite side of the cage. The mouse walked right over to the other side of the cage and wham Scarface took him down perfectly. I'd say from the time I put him in the cage till he was struck was not even 5 seconds. I was greatly relieved.
    Sorry for being so winded but i was so ecstatic on a succesful first feed!!!!

Thanks

Re: Im so excited!!!!

Congratulations! It's always exciting the first time they eat....
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

Thanks

Re: Im so excited!!!!

Sounds like it went well and you did it just right! All our bp's are live eaters and hit hard and fast on their prey. If they don't - out comes the prey and they wait till next week but it isn't all that often we have to do that (other than the one that's on her winter fast right now). Glad it went well and you supervised the live feed properly.

~~Jo~~
    ~~Joanna~~