Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,353

0 members and 2,353 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Menelas (42)

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD

Thread: Humidity box

Thanks

Humidity box

Hello forum this is my first post here. I have just bought a male red blood python he is about a year old and fairly placid (up to now !!!) anyway I was wondering about the humidity box I was advised to provide him. Its a fairly small pvc type box (similar to a rubbermaid) with a hole cut in the side and half filled with sphagnum moss which has been soaked and squeezed by hand until it doesnt drip water but feels damp. He went inside as soon as I placed it in his viv but I have noticed this morning that the humidity box has quite a bit of condensation on the top and sides which will run down and cause the floor of the box to be wet which I think might cause skin/scale problems....am I wrong? should I have a loose fitting lid on the humidity box to cut down on condensation or is it ok?....sorry for the long post, I will try to get some pics up as soon as I work out how to do it......thanks guys........................dave

Thanks

Re: Humidity box

that's the humidity that you're trying to create by making the box. My ball loved her humidity hide. When she didn't need it she'd come out and climb or going somewhere else.

I'm not an expert, but that's my opinion.

Welcome to the site!!! : It's awesome here and ppl are VERY friendly and willing to answer your questions.

RuLyn
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

Thanks

Welcome to the forums,

Bloods handle humidity really well really well, and need it to survive with out health problems. My blood is in a Animal Plastics T3 enclosure with a constant humidity of 82-85% that I maintain by keeping a water bowl on the hot side of the enclosure that evaporates to fill the air with moisture. Prior to moving him into this enclosure he was in a large rubbermaid box as his enclosure and had a bowl of damp moss to crawl into and a water bowl for soaking/drinking.
    -Sean
    Mazdaspeed 3, yeah its silly fast!

Thanks

Thanks for the replies guy's...it is the wet bottom of the humidity box that was concerning me most...I will keep a check on him daily.....another thing ....when I pick him up he doesnt thrash around or attempt to bite but he does hiss a lot and his tongues tops flicking ....it just stays half way out...I take it he is letting me know he wants to be left alone . I dont handle my snakes a lot so I am not too concerned about him not being handled although I want to be able to move him easily for cleaning etc. I think I am going to enjoy keeping bloods and this forum is great for info !!! thanks again..............................dave