Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,752

1 members and 2,751 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,034
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jeremymichels

Thread: eggs

Thanks

Red face eggs

well as some of may or may not know last Nov. I purchased some spotted pythons from an individual online. When they came I was astonished by how big the female was compared to the other female iI already owned. They had a mild respiratory disease and were sold as already fasting and ready to be cooled. I wasn't really going to cool down a snake I just got w/ out looking at the respiratory problem first and make sure they ate right? Well time and time I offered them food and they just kept refusing until the respiratory started clearing up and then my male snagged it up eating w/ all the ferociousness I have seen w/ the species but no luck w/ my female though she wasn't wheezing and was at high temps. I decided I would try to breed the two and see if I could make back some of the investment and because the female finished shedding....all in onje peice which I heard unhealthy snakes don't shed right sometimes and she was girthy like huge I figured maybe it was a breeding response.

Anyways this was about a mon. ago I have noticed all the tell-tell gravidness appearances....laying on her side and such (I thought I just saw what I wanted to see because it was so early)but 2 day I went to check on her and she was coiled around some unfertilized eggs and also some decent ones like 7-10!!!!!!! She was pregnant before I got her, and I wasn't prepared to take care of the eggs yet...I hadn't expected it for a month or two. The eggs seem okay and I have them set up in an incubator now and the female finally took some food for me I'm so glad that she isn't dieing lol.

I also talked to a keeper and he said because they had still been breeding while she was gravid it's possible she'll double clutch for me. That would be super sick and I already mated my other female too. This time I will be prepared and know the time frames and what's going on.....all the rest of my herps are doing great and I will keep every1 updated.

Thanks for reading my book.
    <};..... The Salt of the Earth .....;}>

1.0 Het Albino ball python (Oreo)1.2 Spotted pythons (Rocky, Bertha and Pheobes)1.1 Het Albino colombian boas, pastel male(Cookie and Cream)0.0.1 Veiled Chameleon (Buddy)0.0.2 Red-eyed tree fogs 1.0 Black lab (Smoky)1.0 Cat (Simba)0.0.0 COMING SOON!

Check out Salty's frickin zoo at ball-pythons.net!

Thanks

Re: eggs

Wow, thats neat she came to you gravid though... but man you could have a bunch of babies before you know it! Got any pics?
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks

....sounds like someone is going to have a bunch of spotted pythons....send some this way

Congrats
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks

Pics not really. I can't find my camera and it's been so hard to upload therm to my comp anyways. As soon as I find my camera, I will have some picks of any babies I get.

Here is a pic of the female who didn't lay the eggs I took a while ago....such beautiful snakes I absolutely love them.

I really have a thing for the australian serpents and will probaly continue collecting them in the future. Anthill pythons are awesome but expensive and a scrub, one day I might get a scrub they are soooooooo gorgeous.
    <};..... The Salt of the Earth .....;}>

1.0 Het Albino ball python (Oreo)1.2 Spotted pythons (Rocky, Bertha and Pheobes)1.1 Het Albino colombian boas, pastel male(Cookie and Cream)0.0.1 Veiled Chameleon (Buddy)0.0.2 Red-eyed tree fogs 1.0 Black lab (Smoky)1.0 Cat (Simba)0.0.0 COMING SOON!

Check out Salty's frickin zoo at ball-pythons.net!

Thanks

Great to hear the good news salty. I also love the down under serpents. The pythons from that area are just astonishing. We had a nice bar neck scrub in a while back. Beautiful!
    Anyhow so good to hear the news on the eggs, definatly keep us updated.
    Thanks
    Rusty
    CT Reptile Rescue
    Rescue, Rehabilitation & Education
    For all Reptiles & Amphibians
    CTReptileRescue@Comcast.net
    (website coming soon)

Please help support:
    http://www.kidney.org/
    http://www.americanheart.org/
    http://www.liverfoundation.org/