Hi, all.

I have a question regarding humidity. I've checked some of the other threads but my question is a little bit more specific.

At the moment, the humidity in my snake tubs is about 65%-70%. I don't mist at all because I don't really need to. As long as I leave it, the humidity never seems to drop and has been maintaining this for about a week and a half now. I used a soldering iron to poke some holes into the tubs. I must just have the right amount of ventilation to keep the humidity at this level.

I've read in a lot of places that the substrate shouldn't ever really be wet for long periods of time anyway, but at the moment it's pretty dry.

My question is: is it better to have my enclosure as it is now (decent humidity/dry enclosure)? Or is it better to add more ventilation, let it drop further and do some misting every now and then?

I'm concerned that even though the humidity is there, the substrate is quite dry. I use a mixture of cypress mulch and chips. The warm side is between 87-98°F and the cool side is as low as 75°F. I do have my water dish on the cool side also.

Thank you,