Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,043

3 members and 3,040 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

What to pair for future breeding

Hello, im new to ball python breeding and looking for some advice. I currently have a female blue eyed lucy (moj/less) and a male pastel leopard spotnose yellowbelly multi gene Bp. What would you pair to a bel and what would you pair to my male. I was thinking of pairing a bamboo to the bel to keep it in the bel complex and maybe get some more bel's. And to my male I was thinking about getting a female super gravel to get gravel with his genes mixed in. Any advice or thoughts? would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,794 Times in 11,828 Posts
    I don't breed BPs but others here may have some suggestions.

Meanwhile, & in case you're unaware, MorphMarket has a genetic calculator you can use- https://www.morphmarket.com/c/reptil...ic-calculator/
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: What to pair for future breeding

You can breed any ball python to any other ball python of the opposite sex. Choice of mate depends on what you want the babies to look like.

I would breed the female mojave/lesser to another snake with one or more mutant genes in the blue-eyed leucistic complex. Bamboo is one. I am not aware of problems with super mojave, so mojave is another possible choice. I'd avoid a lesser as super lessers have a reputation for being duckbilled.

The gravel gene is in the same complex as the yellow belly gene. Super gravel x yellow belly is expected to produce 50% gravel and 50% gravel/yellow belly (aka highway). As for the other mutants in the male, some will appear in the babies, but probably not all in one baby.

Good luck.