Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,874

1 members and 2,873 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull

Thread: Jungle Sunglow

Hybrid View

Thanks

Jungle Sunglow

I just love these jungle sunglow and jungle sunglow motley Boas!
    Before I got my royal Roxy I was eyeing these guys something fierce. NERD has had some fine examples and I have been shopping around. Would like their color/pattern to be extreme without freckles,gender isnt an issue unless someone has an opinion otherwise. Any word of advice or tips or respected breeders?

Really love Rainbow Boas but there fragility is some thing that I do not want to toy with. I think I could handle it but I worry about any vacation time in my future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by D-.No; 03-20-2023 at 06:57 PM.

Thanks
    Glenn Eisel from Eisel Reptiles is a great place to go for boas. The Sunglow is also my favourite morph of boa, and I was already planning to speak to Glenn at an expo in about a month about his breeding plans for the next year or two, in particular about any sunglow or moonglow plans. I'd like to get one once I move.

As for morph specifics... I prefer the Lipstick Sunglow to the Coral, but both will help retain that bright colour contrast. Lipsticks have been bred for the reds, and Corals more for the pinks. Recently I've also seen Flamingo and Pink Panther Sunglows thrown around, but I'm not 100% positive how the those traits/lines work or turn out. I've also seen IMGs, Sun Dragons, and many other things. Sunglows can be mixed with quite a bit- Arabesque, Aztec, IMG, VPI, etc.. and there is a lot of awesome potential out there. I would recommend asking for pictures of the parents and/or past clutches or hold backs when inquiring about a snake.

Be prepared for a price tag. A high end Lipstick Motley Junglow from a reputable breeder will have an equivalent price. There is a thread about NERD on here- I would recommend you check it out before purchasing from them. Here is the link:
    https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...highlight=NERD

I have no personal experience with NERD, so I won't say anything more. Best of luck! If you decide to get any Sunglow, please share pictures
    1.0 50% Hypo Morelia Bredli "Ziggy Ure"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to OatBoii For This Useful Post:

D-.No (03-21-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,179 Times in 1,175 Posts

Re: Jungle Sunglow

Quote Originally Posted by D-.No View Post
    Any word of advice or tips or respected breeders?
    daksi got Jeff from Boakings in New York. They don't have anything currently listed on Morph Market, but there is a number you can call to see what is/will be available.
    Last edited by Homebody; 03-20-2023 at 08:34 PM.
    1.0 Normal Children's Python (2022 - present)
    1.0 Normal Ball Python (2019 - 2021)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Homebody For This Useful Post:

D-.No (03-21-2023),dakski (03-21-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Homebody View Post
    daksi got Jeff from Boakings in New York. They don't have anything currently listed on Morph Market, but there is a number you can call to see what is/will be available.
    Not sure where you are located.

Boakings have been awesome. I got both Jeff and Behira from them.

I also know Jeff Ronne, the Boaphile, well. He has a lot of stuff not on morphmarket.

Both ship (I think).

If you want an introduction to either, please let me know.

Additionally, you cannot go wrong with a boa. I adore mine (I have 3 - 2 BI's and 1 BC).

Females do (generally) get noticeably bigger, so if you want them to stay smaller, go with a male. Also, you will want a big enclosure for when they are older and one that holds heat and humidity well. They require both a little more heat than BP's and higher humidity. However, they are pretty easy animals to keep if given the proper care.

They are inquisitive, beautiful, great eaters, and docile, especially when handled regularly. They are aggressive feeders and I recommend everyone who has aggressive feeder and/or larger snakes to tap/hook train them. I can give you tips on that if you want. All 3 of my boas and my Carpet python are tap trained.

Any questions, just ask. You can PM or post in the forum and I'll probably see it.
    Last edited by dakski; 03-20-2023 at 09:17 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Homebody (03-21-2023)

Thanks

Thank you for the thorough and kind responses. I live in New York (just north of Manhattan) so any breeder that I can visit or pick up from would be a big plus!

Not a big fan of expos but I know it’s part of the hobby/trade. I would be willing to visit one to meet a reputable breeder if recommended.

I’m waiting on my 4 x 2 x 2 AP Plastics enclosure for Roxanne my BP if I’m happy with the quality and the aesthetic, so I was planning on just ordering another one ASAP

My first serpentine love was a female BCI that I donated my free time to an animal rescue facility to care for in grade school. She was big and beautiful but I wasn’t able to handle her outside of her enclosure alone, I was also not even 10 lol

So getting a boy would be fine for me as a space saver but also to keep my options open for my next canine friend. You never know what size your next fuzzy buddy might be.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to D-.No For This Useful Post:

dakski (03-21-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Thank you for the thorough and kind responses. I live in New York (just north of Manhattan) so any breeder that I can visit or pick up from would be a big plus!

Not a big fan of expos but I know it’s part of the hobby/trade. I would be willing to visit one to meet a reputable breeder if recommended.

I’m waiting on my 4 x 2 x 2 AP Plastics enclosure for Roxanne my BP if I’m happy with the quality and the aesthetic, so I was planning on just ordering another one ASAP

My first serpentine love was a female BCI that I donated my free time to an animal rescue facility to care for in grade school. She was big and beautiful but I wasn’t able to handle her outside of her enclosure alone, I was also not even 10 lol

So getting a boy would be fine for me as a space saver but also to keep my options open for my next canine friend. You never know what size your next fuzzy buddy might be.

All makes sense.

Many breeders will not "show off" their snakes except at expos. That might be a good bet. The white plains expo in NY is a good expo and the next one is 4-23-23.

I'd have to check the breeders list but I've seen both really good breeders and some sketchy ones, as well as huge breeders, which you've spoken about.

I would not be afraid to ship from a trusted breeder who knows their animals. Remember, many snakes at expos aren't always themselves as well. Colder, scared, etc. That can go either way. Having said that, it's hard to find a "nasty" boa that has been worked with, although young ones can be defensive.

Just my two cents.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-21-2023),D-.No (03-21-2023)

Thanks

And great photo! Definitely makes me amped
    To finally get BOA in the house

Additionally thank you for the NERD info. I’ve heard conflicting information and also have had certain vibes that deters me. I would never buy a dog from a massive unfocused breeder. Supporting respectful breeders that prioritize good health and lineage is so key. These animals are going to be family members for a long, long time. If it’s not a rescue I take would always take this type of commitment cautiously/carefully.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to D-.No For This Useful Post:

dakski (03-21-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,179 Times in 1,175 Posts

And great photo! Definitely makes me amped
    To finally get BOA in the house
    Yeah, if you want a jungle sunglow motley, you'll want to go to the goose that laid that golden egg and get on her waitlist.
    1.0 Normal Children's Python (2022 - present)
    1.0 Normal Ball Python (2019 - 2021)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Homebody For This Useful Post:

D-.No (03-21-2023)

Thanks

For sure! There’s always that chance you’re gonna fall in love at shop or expo and buying an animal with such a specific needs on impulse… Well, I don’t but it usually ends bad for the more vulnerable of the two.
    I don’t care if it’s one hour or one decade, my heart is too delicate to jeopardize a life because I’m a sucker with cash in hand.
    I also need to start studying and revisiting Boa care sheets. My brain is saturated with BP care I want to make sure I invest correctly enclosures and what not.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to D-.No For This Useful Post:

dakski (03-22-2023)

Thanks

When getting my royal I had a great experience having her shipped. I felt much more confident than picking her up at the shop.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to D-.No For This Useful Post:

dakski (03-22-2023)