Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,723

2 members and 2,721 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Threaded View

Thanks

Ziggy Ure - 50% Hypo Bredli - Progression Thread

Hello, and welcome!

He has finally arrived! I picked him up just an hour ago and brought him home.

As for his name... I knew I wanted some word from the indigenous people of Australia who live around the Alice Springs area, the Arrernte. While scouring the known words, I found "Ure", pronounced like "oo-rah" or "or-rah". It means fire, which I thought fitting for the colour that he is, sort of a low, burnt-out flame colour. However, I'm a little attached to Ziggy too, since I've been using it as a placeholder for a while now. So, why not both? "Zigzag Fire" sounds like a good name to me.

Ure arrived looking good! A bit fired down, but he was also a bit chilly, so that's expected. Once again, Nick Mutton was amazing to work with, and I'm so glad to have this little guy from him. He is much smaller than I expected, but then again, I didn't have a concrete idea of how big or little he (or any bredli) is at that age to begin with.

He was very alert, even after such a long journey.

Quite active and quick as well. I didn't want to stress him out by handling him for too long, and it unfortunately started raining as I was picking him up, so I wanted to get him into his tank ASAP so he could warm up.

Here's a good one though! I can't believe how gorgeous he is even now, after a long overnight trip.

The first thing he did was to go straight to the top under the leaf clutter. For a while he hung out there, chilling as high up as he could. It's fascinating behaviour to observe. I've never had a semi-arboreal snake before.

It let me get some stunning shots of his lower half. I'm guessing he's ~24-28" right now. I want to weigh him after a couple of days, once he's settled in a little bit. He can't possibly be more than a pound.

I can't wait to see him coloured up! Even just the LED light really brings out the oranges and reds.

He even has a zig-zag pattern on his tail! I guess Ziggy was just meant to be. When I put it down as the "name" of my pet on my paperwork, I didn't think I'd end up liking it so much. I guess that's what often happens with a "temporary" thing, though. They become permanent.

Some pics of him exploring! Checking out his warm hide.

In the front right corner by all the leaf clutter.

He has settled onto the warm side under all the leaf clutter now. A single large magnolia leaf is practically a hide for him. I ordered small hides, but I think they're still pretty big for him. Time will tell I suppose.

Either way, I am excited to see him become more comfortable and continue to explore his new home!

Here's to the next several decades, my friend

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to OatBoii For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-16-2023),Caitlin (03-20-2023),dakski (03-16-2023),Fraido (03-16-2023),Gio (03-16-2023),Homebody (03-16-2023),Mistery510 (10-27-2023),Nick_MD (03-16-2023),Opaque (06-21-2023),plateOfFlan (03-16-2023)