Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,467

1 members and 2,466 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Heating help in new enclosure

Hello everyone. I would appreciate some help with my new enclosure. I recently started setting up my kages 4x2x2 pvc enclosure. Currently I’m using a 100 rhp from pro products and a 75 watt Arcadia halogen. My goal was to use the rhp for general ambient/cool side temps and the halogen for the basking/warm side temps. Currently there is quite a bit of clutter in the cage it’s not quite done but I should be done today hopefully. Just to let the rhp cure and get all the fumes etc out of the cage I plugged the rhp and halogen directly into the wall outlet (I have a herpstat 2) just to get everything broken in. Cool side temps where the radiant heat panel is come up to about 85 degrees which is obviously to warm for cool side temps which is why we use thermostats but I cannot get the warm side temps the side where the halogen is on above 85. I’m not sure why. The rhp is mounted slightly more torwards the middle of the enclosure on the cool side with the halogen near it. Basking surface temps under the halogen are 102 but it’s doing nothing for ambient seeing as 88 is the minimum for warm side temps. Any advice? I was thinking maybe move the rhp closer to the warm side? I would appreciate any help.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,185 Times in 1,178 Posts

Re: Heating help in new enclosure

Good news! Sounds like you've got the tools for a first class set up. Pics would be a big help to us. This thread will show you how to post them: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...-Post-Pictures. Also, what species do you plan to keep in the enclosure?

Without seeing it, I would say that, unless the room is really cold (<65F), I think a 100w Pro Products RHP should be all the heat you need. I would mount it on the warm side and see what it can do. Give it some time. It may take a few days.
    Last edited by Homebody; 03-11-2023 at 10:06 AM.
    1.0 Normal Children's Python (2022 - present)
    1.0 Normal Ball Python (2019 - 2021)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Homebody For This Useful Post:

Malum Argenteum (03-11-2023),OatBoii (03-11-2023)