Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,558

3 members and 1,555 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,529
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

View Poll Results: Feeding inside or outside the enclosure?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Inside the enclosure

9 100.00%
  • Outside the enclosure

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Feeding inside the enclosure VS Feeding outside the enclosure

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Yeah, I've had that happen now & then- the more snakes you have, the more years you feed them, or the feistier they are, the stranger things you get to see. The snakes that strike so hard they fly out towards both you & the food you're offering them sure gets your pulse racing! And it really helps to know which snakes won't let go of their food & come after you when you pick them up as one & put them back where they belong. I have snakes that will happily let go of their prey & come after motion (me!) without fail, so it's imperative they stay IN their tanks in the first place. I know that many keepers prefer sliding front doors, but personally I find it easier to feed from overhead, because in my experience it seems much easier for snakes to loop outside those sliding doors when feeding.

I think the original question posed here is about where we "intended" to feed the snake, anyway.
    well luckily the 2 main suspects (male scrub + female mainland Burm) seem to interpret as further prey struggles so they’ll actually squeeze the prey harder but ja, was mainly having a laugh lol but more to the OP i have never fed outside of the tank because i have been worried about them regurgitation and disrupting their digestion - i try to leave them alone as much as possible for the first several days after the feed
    het for nothing but groovy

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YungRasputin For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (02-18-2023),Homebody (02-18-2023)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12