Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,660

0 members and 2,660 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Dehydrated/underweight

Ok. Good. I’m hoping we have it fixed but I’m extending treatment into January. I wanted to clarify since you helped so much with the mites from the start.

I was having a Michael Scott when Toby comes back moment thinking you saw something. “NOOOOOOO!!!! NO GOD NOOOOOOOO!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GuardianHunter For This Useful Post:

Homebody (12-26-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,739 Times in 11,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianHunter View Post
    Ok. Good. I’m hoping we have it fixed but I’m extending treatment into January. I wanted to clarify since you helped so much with the mites from the start.

I was having a Michael Scott when Toby comes back moment thinking you saw something. “NOOOOOOO!!!! NO GOD NOOOOOOOO!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!”
    OK, take a deep breath....that's it, now easy does it....down off the ledge, here, give me your hand...
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks

Bahaha. No ledges. No ledges. I’m just over the mites and ready to get him better situated. He’s such a nice little guy.

Thanks

Bahaha. No ledges. No ledges. I’m just over the mites and ready to get him better situated. He’s such a nice little guy.
    I know, he's a cutie!

Thanks

I was never the driving force behind owning a snake, but out of the desire to spur on my sons passions, along came Noodles. And somewhere between indifferent and this post, I became one of those people who superimpose Santa hats on their snakes to show the world how adorably adorable he is and vehemently defend ball pythons to a python despising world. Don’t know how it happened. But it did. And I’m better for it. Love our Noodle Man.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GuardianHunter For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-26-2022),Homebody (12-27-2022)

Thanks

I was never the driving force behind owning a snake, but out of the desire to spur on my sons passions, along came Noodles. And somewhere between indifferent and this post, I became one of those people who superimpose Santa hats on their snakes to show the world how adorably adorable he is and vehemently defend ball pythons to a python despising world. Don’t know how it happened. But it did. And I’m better for it. Love our Noodle Man.
    I so understand. I've always been an animal lover, but I sure never expected to get into snakes- never! But that's ancient history.

Thanks
    He’s acting a little out of sorts. Somewhat lethargic and slow moving. Is that typical of pre shed, dehydration, or both.

Thanks
    When they go into a shed, they typically hide- "lay low"- & they're often "grumpy" ("don't bother me, I vant to be alone").

Thanks

That may explain his dehydration some. He has hidden for a week solid. I haven’t pulled him out because we are in a cold snap. It’s been 5 degrees F. I didn’t want to make him cold. So if he’s hiding due to shed, and refusing to leave in a tank struggling with humidity, then of course he isn’t getting enough water.

Thanks

That may explain his dehydration some. He has hidden for a week solid. I haven’t pulled him out because we are in a cold snap. It’s been 5 degrees F. I didn’t want to make him cold. So if he’s hiding due to shed, and refusing to leave in a tank struggling with humidity, then of course he isn’t getting enough water.
    Yes, he may not be drinking when he's laying low for a shed- which is why it's so important to keep the humidity up even before they're in shed- by the time they're in shed, it's a bit late, other than misting & providing him a humid hide. BTW, the way the folds in his skin appear in the last photo is what suggests to me that he's going into shed- it can be very difficult to tell when you have a white or very pale snake- especially if you miss noticing their eyes being cloudy, but in gets easier with practice.

(Re 5* F.- I hope you were referring to the outdoor temperature, not in your house & where the snake is located? It's been a crazy winter for sure- I've seen MINUS 5*F. here- outside, of course. And not counting the wind chill factor.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast