Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,767

1 members and 2,766 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    I use the regular inkbird itc 306T for my emergency / travel reptile bins and for my female leopard gecko. They are were cheap enough to get several, which is a plus. My gecko's is for a small 8.5 x 6.75 UTH under her lay-box when she is in egg mode. The temperature isn't as constant or controlled as the proportional thermostats but for a few weeks each year to keep a single hide warm it is fine. it seems to vary by about 2-3*F before it turns off and back on - which is not terrible.

for my regular heat I like the herpstat proportional ones

I've never tried the wifi ones, but if you live in an area where the internet going in and out is frequent, I'd worry about inconsistency esp in the winter - that being said, power can go out too
    No cage is too large - nature is the best template - a snoot can't be booped too much

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crowfingers For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (11-26-2022),Homebody (11-26-2022)

Thanks

Re: Anybody used the Inkbird IPT-2CH?

So I picked one of these up and so far it has been solid. Connected to Wifi without any issues and the controls are simple and intuitive via the app. Temperatures are on point and although I think the unit looks funny it works well. I think in the long run I'd like a dimming or pulse thermostat but for the time being these are hard to beat for the price.

In regards to connecting to Wifi, Inkbird makes it pretty clear the units only operate on 2.4ghz frequencies and if you have a 5ghz it will not connect. Most modern day routers run both signals at the same time and you may need to disable the 5ghz (just temporarily) so the unit is not confused about which network it is supposed to attach to and can find the 2.4ghz as the only signal available during setup. I did not need to make this change when I set mine up but some people on the web have had to do so. You may consider trying this if having trouble.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ambassador For This Useful Post:

Homebody (12-07-2022)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12