Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,842

1 members and 2,841 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Wild Genetic Boosting

Quote Originally Posted by paulh View Post
    Calcium powder is almost always calcium carbonate. Feeding calcium carbonate is generally a bad idea because it throws off the calcium to phosphorus ratio. Bone has the right ratio, even pinkie mouse bone. Extra calcium passes out in the poop, at best, which is a waste of money. At worst, extra calcium is deposited in soft tissues, where it is injurious to the snake.

A liquid vitamin preparation can be injected into a dead mouse's body cavity, and the mouse is then fed to the snake. Pet stores often carry liquid vitamins that are added to cage bird water containers.
    so basically a needle-less syringe inserted into the mouth or anus? or like an actual intravenous/intramuscular shot?
    het for nothing but groovy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I wouldn't bother "dusting" on the prey- by the time it's swallowed, most has fallen off. That's also assuming that the snake is still willing to eat it when it smells slightly different.

As stated in previous post by paulh, inject (if it's a liquid) into the prey's body, or pack the powder into the rodent's mouth-that's what I do. Whatever you do though, don't over-do it.
    oh i’m just curious and here to learn i don’t suspect anyone in my crew has this (*knock on wood*) but currently my research is on snake medicine and what not so i can always be prepared - so whatever it is other people do for this is what i would probably do cuz it’s all new to me lol
    het for nothing but groovy

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YungRasputin View Post
    so basically a needle-less syringe inserted into the mouth or anus? or like an actual intravenous/intramuscular shot?
    Tuberculin syringe with needle, injecting into the dead mouse's body cavity. This is best for small mice. For hopper and larger mice, the belly can be opened with scissors and a drop of multivitamin can be put on the internal organs with a medicine dropper (usually part of the multivitamin bottle cap).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to paulh For This Useful Post:

YungRasputin (11-28-2022)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12